CHAPTER 20

Varun

We were currently in the metro .

As there was no place to sit we both were standing .

"How much more time till we arrive?",I ask her .

"Hmm probably 10 more minutes since the market is far from the mall",she says .

Just then a station comes and when the metro stops Shruti looses her balance .

But I react quickly and hold her before she falls .

"Are you okay?",I ask .

"Yes I am thankyou",she says giving me a small smile which I return . 

The whole ride I make sure she dosen't trip again .

"Tum dono relationship mai ho?",an old lady who was sitting infront of us asks us .
[You both are in a relationship?]

"Ha",me and Shruti say at the same time .
[Yes]

There was no reason for us to confirm it . We were just pretending infront of Pranjal and my family . Then why did we say yes ?

"Saath mai bahaut aache lagte ho . Bhagwan kre tumhari jodi salamat rhe",she says smiling and gave her blessings .
[You both look good together . May God protect your relationship]

Me and Shruti look at each other and then at the old lady and give her a smile thanking her .

Just the the metro stops and it was our station so we get off after bidding goodbye to the old lady .

___________________

It was now a little awkward between us ever since that kind lady gave us her blessings .

It was a fake relationship which was fated to end one day .

Shruti was looking at the jewellery .

"Aare bhaiya yeh kitne ke hai?",she asks the shopkeeper the price of the earring she was holding .
[Brother how much is this?]

"150 ke hai",he tells her .
[It's of 150]

"150 ? Zyda nai ho gaye ? 80 mai laga do",she says .
[150 ? Isn't it expensive ? I will give 80 for it]

"80 nai madam 120",the man says .
[Not 80 mam 120]

"Aare nai na bhaiya 120 nai 80",she says .
[Not 120 only 80]

"Aare madam chalo apka na mera 100",he says .
[Okay then 100]

"Nai bhaiya yeh bhi zyda hi hai . Sirf 80 dungi usse zyda 1 rupaya bhi nai dungi iske liye",she says and turns around to walk but is stopped by the shopkeeper .
[No that is also expensive . I will only give 80 not more than that]

"Aacha theek hai de dijiye",the man finally agrees which makes Shruti smile widely .
[Okay then]

I was totally amused by her bargaining skills .

She bought 2 more earrings from the same shop for which she bargained again and then stop infront of another jewellery shop .

"Again jewellery?",I ask trying to get rid of that little awkwardness .

"Yup in the previous shop only the earrings were pretty here I am looking for bracelet and pendant",she tells me .

After purchasing 2 bracelets and 1 pendant we move forward .