1.4

Seoul, South Korea

»»»

Back in the korean interpol branch Seokjin held open the gate to the cell in the custody block. "Get inside," he ordered, motioning inside with his chin. Jimin did as told, the gate bars closing behind him.
"You know, I should be glad," Seokjin exhaled then while locking it, "I should be glad I caught you without any incidents. But for some reason I can't." Glancing a last time on him, he gave him a sympathetic look. "I don't know what happened to you, but this isn't the master thief I know."

Jimin remained silent, watchim him walk to the guard and giving exact instructions before he left. Leaving him back alone.

He took a seat on the simple bed in the cold grey cell. The throbbing in his head returning, along with a stabbing pain in his side. He groaned quietly, not wanting to gain the guard's attention who had sat at the end of the corridor.

When would these headaches finally stop?

Almost a week passed by like this without him taking any notice.Day and night seeming the same. Time either not passing at all or passing too fast.

Every day Seokjin tried to interrogate him, but Jimin would just sit there. Not saying a word. Not even flinching when hearing all the charges - theft and identity theft in multiple cases. And every day Seokjin would sigh at the failed attempts and bring him back to his cell. Shaking his head lightly.
Wondering if Jimin was also a master actor or if he indeed had become a complete stranger.

And every day Jimin would just lay there on the bed, with his hands folded underneath his head and stare at the white ceiling. Hours and days simply passing by like this.
Occasionally, he'd get one of those painful headaches. Feeling like his brain was melting at the attempt to gain some of his memory back. Single fragments randomly popping up with no context. Images flashing in front of his mind's eye. Accompanied by loud voices, talking across each other. Making him clench his jaw.

Day by day the headaches got worse and the memory fragments longer and clearer. It got especially bad on the sixth day when he saw a 14-year old Taehyung suddenly standing there. Grinning at him from a car's hood. Right after they stole liquor from an illegal transporter.
"The thrill! I love the thrill of it!" he said, holding up a bottle."The thrill huh?" Jimin remembered answering him. "That's the reason I do this, too. The reason I enjoy stealing. It's the thrill and the rush!" Both grinned at each other. "I wanna become a thief, but on my own terms. Not my grandfathers!" Jimin announced then holding his own liquor bottle up. "You wanna join me?"
Taehyung thought for a moment, eventually shrugging. "Sure, why not."

He groaned again, his head was a mess.

"Oh, a samurai!"
"You're quite an idiot, aren't you?" Yoongi said with an unamused expression. The sword's blade lightly poking Jimin's neck. "Samurai were japanese and I'm korean."
"Whatever you are, you're pretty cool," Jimin countered with a wide grin. As if he was oblivious to the situation. Irritating Yoongi even more. "You tried stealing my family's formula for imperious sword blades. I'm afraid you've got to pay for that."
"Pay? You mean stabbing me with that dope sword of yours?" he asked surprised, tapping the blade with his index finger. "That's a pity. I could use someone like you in my team."
Yoongi scoffed. "I'd never want to help a thief anyway."

"Really? Not even if I could help you get the guys arrested who killed your uncle?"

Those memories. They were short glimpses of his past. But still, he began to remember more.

"Park Jimin!" Arabella yelled his name from the lower level of the mansion. Showing off proudly the necklace around her neck before winking at him, blowing him a kiss. "Better luck next time!" "How about I just come get it from you?"
She smirked. Loading her berretta with a makeshift projectile out of her red lipstick. Aiming at him. "Don't even think of it."
He was just standing there at the railing, propping his hands on the metallic bars. Watching her every move without flinching at the shot, the lipstick grazing his cheek. He observed her turn around then. Not even attempting preventing her from running out with the diamonds around her neck. Too mesmerised by her.
And he smiled to himself. "One day I'll steal your heart, Arabella Valentine."