2

once again the house was empty. i knew my brother was in a gang before we moved, and i'm guessing he decided to move here to be closer to them. i wish he had told me, we have always be really close and i told him everything. 

during school i got all of the groups numbers, and jamal was texting me.

jamal - hey valentina
me - hey jamal, wassup?
jamal - can i come over? i'm hella bored
valentina - ofc
*valentina shared her location*

i was so happy that on my first day i had already made friends. well mostly thanks to cesar but i felt close with them already.

after about 10 minutes, there was a knock at the door. i got up off the couch and opened it so see a smiling jamal. "hey jamal! come in." i said moving out the way so we could come in. "you know your house is nice!! all the other houses round here are rubbish." he said looking around my house. "oi that's rude! cesar and his brother live around here." i said laughing at the boy. jamal was already one of my favourites, he was so funny and stupid but smart at the same time. "well of course there house isn't gonna be nice, he's a gang leader." jamal said sitting down on the couch with a bag of chips from my pantry. normally i would be mad for someone coming in and doing that but with jamal it just felt normal, like i have known him for ages and we was bsf. "soo cesars brother?" i said sitting down next to him on the couch. "girl don't even start, he scary." he said. "no he isn't, to be honest he kinda attractive." i said smirking at jamal. "alright that's enough, i'm leaving before you tell me anymore secrets! i can't keep them!" he said getting up and running out my house.

i laughed to myself and a couple minutes diego came through the door with a look on his face. "who that boy walking out the house?" he said looking at me. "diego stop he is my friend, his name is jamal. i also have 3 other friends, and i know about your other gang buddy spooky, he offered me a lift." i said smirking at my brother, wondering what he was gonna say about me finding out about his gang buddies.

"listen tina im sorry, i don't want you to get involved in that shit. you can come meet them all sometime since they gonna protect u while we here but nothing more than that alright. no dating shit." he said sitting down on one of the stools near the counter. "di you don't need to apologise. i just thought you would tell me stuff like that." i said leaning my elbows against the counter facing him. "i know tina i'm sorry. love you. now go get some sleep kiddo, got school again tomorrow." he said kissing my forehead and pushing me towards the stairs. "goodnight di, love you, be safe." i said to him walking up the stairs, watching as he leaves the house once again.

i always get scared when my brother goes out at night for gang shit, i could wake up and he could be dead. i never know what can happen that night while i'm asleep, so i always find it hard to sleep when he goes out.

i got out of my outfit and hopped into the cold shower. if yk yk. showers always gotta be cold for the skin and hair. i did all the shit i needed to do and quickly wrapped a towel around me. i did my skincare in-front of my bathroom mirror and dried my hair. i got into some red silk pyjamas and tied my hair up. i went into diego's room and found his weed draw, i rolled some weed, went outside and sat on the porch. i lit the spliff and took a puff. this shit always knew how to calm me down. only thing that could heal my problems, i didn't have anyone else apart from diego. parents dead druggies and this is the only time i have made friends. i already loved them all but i wasn't ready to tell them about my person problems.

as i was finishing up my spliff a red impala pulled up, my brother stepped out the car, following cesars brother, and another cholo, that was dressed the same as my brother and spooky, just skinnier then spooky and had a bit more hair. "tina what the fuck are you doing out here? especially wearing that? are you smoking?" diego said walking up to me as the other 2 followed behind. "tina i told you to stop that shit, you can't keep doing this." diego said taking the spliff out of my hand, throwing it on the ground and stepping on it. "diego i was just stressed,it's not a big deal." i said standing up and opening the house door. diego walking behind me. "tina yes it is, you can't keep doing this! go to bed. shouldn't even be dressed like that out there!" he said getting mad. "it's not like you don't smoke, there is no difference. and maybe i wouldn't be stressed and worried if you didn't leave me every night doing dangerous shit, anything could happen and i wouldn't know." i said storming up the steps and slamming my bedroom door.

diego hated me smoking. i think it was because he didn't want me to end up like our parents. druggies and alcoholics. i think he was mainly concerned because i would always turn to it when i was stressed. i laid flat on my back on my bed, thinking about what had just happened, i hate it when me and diego argue but we are siblings. there was a knock at my door,  "diego leave me alone i'm not in the mood to deal with your bullshit." i said putting my face into a pillow. the door opened and i looked up to see the other cholo i didn't know the name of, "it's sad eyes, one of the homies by the way, we getting food was wondering if you wanted anything?" he said, standing in the door way holding my door handle. "oh i'm okay thank you. sorry you had to see that earlier." i said embarrassed we had that massive argument in front of spooky and sad eyes. "listen i know it's none of my business, but diego is only trying to look out for you, just trying to be a good brother. i get where your coming from but he doesn't know what to do since you guys never had adult figures." he said smiling at me, he then closed the door.

maybe i was too hard on diego. we had to grow up with no adult figures and he has had to raise me my whole life, and now i'm getting older he probably doesn't know how to handle me. maybe i just need to listen to him and make things easier. i liked that sad eyes, i hardly knew him but he seemed wise and had some really good advice.

i got off my bed and headed downstairs. "i don't wanna argue diego." i said looking at him and spooky on the couch, guessing sad eyes went to get the food. "i get where your coming from and i know you was only trying to protect me. im sorry for overreacting." i said, still standing near him. "im sorry i got mad. it's just you know how i feel about it. im sorry that i leave you at night, it's what i have to do for us tina, i will try be out in the day instead." diego said getting up and hugging me. "now come watch this movie." he said sitting down and making. a gap for me between spooky and him.

as diego got up to get a drink while we was watching the movie, spooky came closer to me and whispered in my ear, "you look gorgeous princesa" he said winking and going back to his original position before my brother came back.