CHAPTER 2

As the years passed, i had been vigorously taught the sand skin's language as their population had increased significantly. After about four years, I had begun to lose hope, I witnessed people get sold, people I used to play and dine with during my childhood, I watched their lifeless body fall into the earth, rotting. The whites made us suffer beyond imagination, they would keep the dead bodies still locked In their cages, letting them decay and leave a horrid smell lingering in the air, some of them went as far as raping our women, multiple times each day, and if they ever got pregnant, they would slit their throats or hang them.

  Mr William, my owner, was  a bulbous, mustachioed man who had more than ten slaves before me but due to his and his daughter, Penelope's irritable and overly temperamental behavior they soon met their end. Tenneh, a young Serria Leonean woman was his last slave who was shot thrice in her torso before she finally gave up the ghost, I never knew exactly why she was killed exactly but rumors say she burnt his food by mistake but he claimed she poisoned him, 'this idiotic man is going down in flames' I scoffed to myself, I had not bitten the bullet yet, I had nothing to left lose but life, I knew the gods had a plan for me, they kept me alive for a reason , they had a plan.