Fluff (Sonic x Shadow)

Sonic and Shadow stood at the top of a high cliff, gazing out over the vast expanse of green fields and blue sky. They were both quiet, lost in their own thoughts. 

After a few moments, Sonic spoke up, "So, what brings you here Shads? It's not often you seek me out for a chat."

Shadow turned to him, his expression serious. "There's something I need to tell you, Sonic. Something important."

Sonic raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Okay, I'm all ears. What's up?"

Shadow took a deep breath before continuing. "I've been having nightmares. Nightmares about my past. I feel like I can't talk about them since you don't know much about my past."

The blue blur's expression softened. He knew that Shadow's past was a painful subject for him. "I know it's hard for you to talk about it, Shads. Don't feel bad."

The ebony hedgehog looked down at the green grass beneath him. "I want you to see it for yourself, Faker. There is an abandoned facility that was in connection with Space Colony ARK nearby. You seeing it in person will be much easier."

Sonic nodded. "Okay, Shads. Whatever you think is best. Let's get going."

The two hedgehogs set off at a brisk pace, their feet pounding the ground as they raced toward the ruins of the facility. Along the way, they encountered many obstacles, from robots to natural hazards, but they worked together to overcome them.

As they approached the ruins of the facility, the ebony hedgehog's expression grew tense. "This is it," he said, pointing to a particular section of the wreckage.

The azure hedgehog looked where he was pointing and saw a small door, partially hidden by rubble. "What's behind there?" He asked.

Shadow hesitated for a moment before answering. "My past. The memories that I've been trying to bury for so long."

Sonic nodded, understanding. "Okay, let's do this."

Together, they cleared away the rubble and opened the door. Inside, they found a small room, filled with machinery and computer screens. Shadow strode over to one of the screens and tweaked some wires and buttons and managed to get them turned on. He then began to type furiously. The azure hedgie behind him watched in silence as he worked, unsure of what he was doing.

Finally, Shadow stood up and turned to the other hedgehog. "I found it," he said, his voice tight with emotion.

"Found what?" Sonic asked, perking his ears up.

Shadow held up a small data chip, glinting in the dim light. "The truth. The truth about my past and who I really am."

Sonic felt a surge of curiosity. "Can I see it?"

The ebony hedgie hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yes. But Be warned, It's not a pleasant story."

The azure hedgehog then took the chip and inserted it into a nearby computer. As the screen flickered to life, he saw images of Shadow's past flashing before his eyes. He saw his ebony counterpart being created in a lab, his DNA infused with that of an alien being known as Black Doom. He saw Shadow being trained as a weapon by the military, G.U.N., and then rebelling against them when he discovered the truth about his origins. After being launched down from the ARK, he was frozen in suspended animation, his memories slowly seeping away, until he was awakened by Dr. Eggman years later.

Sonic watched in shock as the story unfolded, feeling a deep sense of empathy for his friend. When the data reached its end, he turned to his ebony counterpart, who was standing quietly beside him.

"I'm sorry Shads," Sonic spoke with a soft tone, "I had no idea."

The crimson-streaked hedgehog nodded, his eyes dark with emotion. "It's okay Sonic. I needed to tell you one way or another, no matter how painful it was. Now, I hope you can understand me better."