Crash Landing

-Stone had been in peaceful bliss before he heard the crash, that is. He got up and looked out the window to see a small crashed red plane, he ran out to look for survivors.

-He saw a small fox, with twin tails, wrapped in a protective ball that had to have popped during the impact. He grabbed the tiny fox and noticed the shivering. 

-The small being whimpers and cuddles into his chest. "Owchie," It says, clearly in pain, Stone would have to figure out where it was hurting from, but for now the small fox would stay in a safe place.

<Time Skip>

-Tails awakened and whimpered in pain. "H-hello?" He couldn't remember what he was here for but it seemed like something important.

-Stone looked up, "Oh you have woken up little fox," Tails nodded and looks at his bandages, "W-who are you, and what happened to me?"

-" I am Aban, but I prefer if you called me Stone," The former agent hands Tails a muffin and a mocha.

-Tails nibbles on the muffin, "My name is Tails," the two tails start wagging and Stone finds it adorable. "While Tails, since you're in my care why don't you stay here for a bit? I could use the company."

-Tails nods, "Yeah!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

-Soon, a bit had become a couple of weeks, and a couple of weeks became a month,  Tails didn't think much of the quest, and he didn't need to.

- "Papa!" Tails ran into someone's leg, but it didn't feel like his papa's. "What in the?" A new voice called out in surprise. Tails let go of the leg and backed up into the wall nearby.

- "Who are you?" Tails said pointing a small pistol at the newcomer.  The man coughs. "I am Dr. Ivo Robotnik, but the real question is who are you?" 

-Stone enters the room when he hears the voice, it sounded almost familiar, his gun would have been at Dr. Robotnik's head, if not for his habit. His eyes go wide when he sees the Doctor. "D- Doctor?"

-"Agent, who is this?" He points at Tails who's chasing his twin tails.

- "That would be Tails, he's like an adopted child of sorts sir..." Stone says in a gentle, fatherly tone. Ivo only grunts in amusement. "He's a rodent like the other one," He mutters, and Tails' ears droop, "I am not a rodent, I'm a mammal!" 

- "A rodent is a mammal," Robotnik says undeterred. He notices what the fox is wearing and grins. "I take that back, I like you"

-Tails blushes and hides his face into the back of Stone's knee

-Tails blushes and hides his face into the back of Stone's knee. "Thank you?" Agent Stone smiles at the interaction. "Here... Sir... Your latte, the same way you like it." he had been waiting for so long to do this little action. Robotnik grabs it and chuckes. 

- "You've still got it," he says after he basically chugs it down, even though it's extremely hot.

- Stone gives a panicked look but reels it in. "Thank you, doctor...."

<Time~Skip>

-Tails yawns, he'd been helping Stone and Robotnik since the older man decided to revive his old machines, given the fact Aban had changed them to help him take care of Tails. He passes out by Ivo's plans.

- Robotnik picks him up and hands him to Stone who did his normal routine and put him to bed

-During all that Aban was introduced to Knuckles, a red-furred Echidna. He was slightly aggressive but Aban was able to calm him down.

- "Good night, Tails, Knuckles" He closes the door and looks directly at Ivo, "You've been taking good care of him, you said he had told you about a task. I found it," Ivo hands Stone a ruined paper.

-Save Sonic-

- The only thing was it was crossed out and in its place were just:

-Have a family-

-The agent smiled, "I guess he's happy like this,"

- "Yeah, you've done well Agent" Ivo stalks off while Stone is left red in his face.