CHAPTER 32

~Keegan

"Come on, it's not like I can't walk," Keegan said to Millie who kept hovering over her every time she took a step.

She had arrived early that morning to help her dress up and pack...and also chase Theo out of the hospital once and for all. But this wasn't the purpose of her arrival...no...

Keegan knew the sole reason she came here...scratch that...she was sent here, was to distract her until they made the surprise welcome back party ready. Because Millie was taking her time with her when she desperately wanted to leave this white room. She looked too excited. Plus, after the doctor gave word of Keegan's discharge yesterday, Vera had begged her to come home for just a while and she would let her leave to her place.

From that moment, Keegan knew she was planning something.

Millie was all smiles. She probably sent Theo away to avoid Keegan from strangling answers out of him...or maybe kissing them out.

The doctor brought in the signing documents late...and she also knew it was part of the plan.

Insufferable busybodies...have they nothing else to do? She thought.

Keegan signed the discharge document, plastering the fakest smile at both Millie and the doctor. But she wouldn't call it fake, she was excited to leave this hospital room. It had served its purpose enough.

Millie helped her to the car and they got in, together with all her belongings.

Millie openly sighed as she started the car.

"I never got to ask...how are you and Shayne?"

A tint of pink appeared on her cheeks. "Well...we're...good. I like him."

"Of course you do, I mean look at you." Her voice was still hoarse, but the doctor had told her it would recover soon.

"I'm so used for men to just want me for...you know..."

"The boobs?" She teased.

Millie laughed, "Well yeah...and nothing but sex, and maybe because I was so used to it, I thought it would be the same with him." He pulled out of the parking lot. "Then I liked him...the accent and all...and I thought he'd just...disappear like the rest of them. I knew I kind of liked him...I wanted to take that chance even if he'd walk away from me later on...so, I said...let's just get over with it. We fucked and I walked away the next morning. But surprisingly...this one called back."

"M-kay..." Keegan chuckled.

"And I figured...why not? I mean, I already liked him..."

"So you kept up your fucking spree until I ran into you..."

"Keegan!" She exclaimed with wide eyes and a wide grin.

"What? It's no secret."

Millie burst into laughter and Keegan just smiled, waiting for her to calm from it.

"What about you and Theo?" Millie turned to her as she drove. "He stayed."

Keegan stared at the road for a while. "Yah...he did."

Millie's eyes kept passing to her and the road ahead. "You know he would never give up an opportunity to be with you. Whatever had happened with the two of you in the past...whatever horrors you faced...don't let it dictate how you're gonna react to each other."

She thought of the flashing past. The glass doors, blood, gun, chandelier. The demons were there, resting, waiting for another opportunity to come for them to lash out at them again. But this time, they were going to fight them together.