Chapter 40

It was now night, as Omosa was with his classmates, having dinner.

Ashido: Yaomomo, you eat a lot, huh?

Momo: Yes. My quirk converts lipids into various atoms to create things. So, the more I eat, the more I can make.

Sero: Kinda like poo.

Momo gets sad as Jirou punches Sero in the gut and Omosa kicks him in the face.

Omosa/Jirou: Apologize!

Sero: Sorry!

Suddenly, Omosa sees Midoriya going somewhere alone with a plate of food in his hand. Curiosity got the better of Omosa as he started to follow Midoriya stealthily.

He sees Midoriya going to a cliffside and notices that there was Kota sitting there.

Midoriya: You're hungry, aren't you? You can eat this curry.

Kota: You...! How'd you find this place?

Midoriya: Oh, sorry. I followed your footsteps. I thought you might want something to eat.

Kota: I'm fine I don't need any. I told you, didn't I? I don't want to hang out with you. Get out of my secret hideout!

Midoriya: *looking around* A secret hideout, huh?

Kota: Getting all into trying to improve your quirk. It's gross. You want to show off your power that badly?

Midoriya: Your parents... Could they be Water Hose? The ones with the water quirk?

Omosa's eyes widened as realization soon hit him as to why Kota had such a negative view on heroes and villains. Water Hose. A team of two heroes with water based quirks, who were KIA while trying to save people. To a hero, it would be an honourable way to go, but to a mere child, things were to be completely different. Children don't understand the workings of this world.

Kota: Did Mandalay tell you?!

Midoriya: Oh no, um... uhh... Sorry! Yeah, I kinda ended up hearing about it, and based on the information I got, I though maybe... It was an unfortunate accident, I remember it.

Kota grits his teeth and looks away.

Kota: Shut up. Everyone's crazy... calling each other names like "Heroes" and "Villains" and killing each other off. Talking about quirks and stuff... it's because they keep showing off thhat they end up dead... Stupid.

Omosa: *floating down* So that's what you think, huh?

Kota/Midoriya: Huh?

Omosa: You say that it's crazy what we do. But Water Hose, they were heroes too. So you're calling them stupid and crazy then?

Kota: Wha- I- No!- I...

Omosa: What? You think of your parents as exceptions? The odd ones out? While you grovel and suffer by yourself, there's someone out there, who thanks your parents to this very day. You're young. You misunderstand things. 

He takes the plate from Midoriya.

Omosa: I won't get too much into it, but the more you resist this...

He puts a hand on Kota's hand and presses the soggy fingers.

Omosa: It will only make things more painful for you. But try to understand what a hero's job is. Hell, if you ask me, a quirkless person can be as good of a hero as one with a quirk can.

Midoriya suddenly gasps.

Omosa crouches down to Kota's level.

Omosa: You're a good kid, Kota. A bit pissed at some things, but other than that, you're a really nice kid. What you need to do is drop this pissed off behavior and work to make your parents proud of you.