Chapter 14 Cheat Day & Resolves

It was early in the morning, sammar hasn't slept a wink, he decided to follow his routine and got ready, packed his bag for college and left for Devansh's house. He desperately needed to take his mind off from the memories of last day. Image of sameer broken, tears spilling from his eyes, trying to explain to them the past, almost begging him to not leave him was not something he can bear. Sameer has become his strength, his anchor, his surety and to see him so disheartened was making sammar drown deep in ocean of sorrow, pain and guilt. He just wanted to erase the last day from his life. If there was something that sammar never wanted to be, it was being the source of pain to his brothers, especially sameer. Sameer was not just his elder brother, he was his guide, his hope, his stability and most importantly sameer was the father that sammar never knew. Making sameer so weak was too heavy a burden for sammar to shoulder. He would do anything to make it up to sameer, but he didn't even knew where to begin. Sammar only knew that he will make sure to never ever do something which can hurt his brother again. He left the house with the driver and reached devansh's house. At first he was surprised to see the gym locked, he checked on the running track but there was no sign of devansh there as well, he decided to check in the house. He was about to go inside when devansh called for him.

Devansh "jaldi andar aa, ice cream melt ho jayegi"

Sammar wasn't sure what he said, devansh was too big of a health freak to even utter the name of junk foods such a ice cream. But the moment he stepped in the kitchen he was surprised to see devansh sitting at the kitchen table with a big tub of icecream. Pari has already told devansh everything that happened in rathod mansion the other day. She wanted devansh to talk to sameer. She wanted him to give company to sameer so that the later doesn't feel lonely. But devansh knew sameer doesn't need anyone else accept Sammar. The kid has managed to have a hold on sameer's heart so tight that even the whole family won't be able to pull him out of the misery that he was going through thinking of sammar's pain and his decision to go away.

Sammar went near him and asked "abhi tak gym kyun band hai kaka?"

Devansh "kyunki aaj hamara cheat day hai"

Sammar "cheat day matlab?"

Devansh "cheat day matlab aaj physical exercise se chutti hai, khane me ice cream milegi and it's time to focus on your emotions kid"

Sammar was there for an escape but it turns out that his luck was not supporting him. He was too tired emotionally to talk about all this anymore. He just stood there silently.

Devansh "baith jaa"

Sammar sat near him and said "mujhe koi baat nahi karni kaka, I am too tired for all this right now"

Devansh "teri jagah koi aur hota na sammar to ab tak uski haddiyan tod di hoti maine. You have no idea what you have done. Tujhe bola tha maine sameer ko hurt mat karna, but you went ahead and did just that with your foolishness"

Sammar was already blaming himself for this but when Devansh put his feelings in words and said it to him, sammar was no longer able to take it and said "mujhe pata hai kaka, bohut dil dukhaya hai maine bhaiya ka, he is in so much pain because of me. i hate myself for it and I am sure he must be hating me too."

Sammar cried and cried. Devansh didn't stop him, he just sat there and waited for sammar to get it all out of his system. The kid was really stupid and it's high time he should get rid of his stupidity. He let him cry, once his cries subsidies to sobs and sniffles devansh offered him a glass of water, which sammar was reluctant to take.

Devansh "pe le sammar, you need to understand somethings and for that it's important that you focus of me and stop crying. I hate to see people crying especially when I am talking to them."