Chapter 00

Home, sweet home
•••

" You used to say that I was beautiful like Cleopatra, but you the king too so I would say back at ya' "
- Prom song gone wrong

" You used to say that I was beautiful like Cleopatra, but you the king too so I would say back at ya' " - Prom song gone wrong

•••

FINALLY am I feeling the same California sand I felt 3 months ago, before me and my family went on vacation.
On vacation back to our homecountry Romania.
Even though we did go to the south east of Romania, the beaches there don't compare to the ones here.
Here at home, with Gio.

Giovanni Dimitriou whom I've missed so much ever since I left.
He's my bestfriend and has been ever since we were young.
Me and him went to the same kindergarten and turned out to be neighbours.
Now we still are and instead of kindergarten we go to the same high school.
Last school term we didn't have the same classes but this year we finally convinced the principal that I should switch.
But enough about school now, there is still two weeks of summer vacation left and I will live it out to the fullest.

I finally left my hair to grow out and my body started maturing, meaning my womanly curves finally start showing whilst my belly fat and chubby cheeks slowly burned of.
For once in my life I actually feel confident in my body.
I was never the kind of girl who got attention from anyone really.
Boys didn't flirt with me and girls didn't bother to befriend me.
That's why I really fought my way to take the same classes as Gio, I couldn't stand not having any friends my entire freshman year.
My sister though was such an "It girl".
She peaked in the beginning of highschool and got the most rocking body just by existing.
She was always the prettiest of us two, you would think my blonde hair, tan skin and blue eyes would overcome hers but that wasn't the case.
Her slender figure, brown eyes and straight brown hair always caught the eyes of everyone.
Even though we only have 1 year age gap she always looked older and more mature compared to me.
My hair being curly/ wavy it always became a mess when I was younger and I ended up always straightening it whenever I could wich also led me to later on cut it short.
Now it's grown out and I've learnt how to manage it so it looks so much better, or at least that's what I like to think.

The sun is slowly starting to hide behind the clouds and the air is getting chillier.
On our way home from the airport I asked mom to drop me down here at the beach too meet up with Gio because apparently he was near by somewhere, so he would meet me here instead of back home.
He told be he'd be here five o'clock and it's now half past four.

The wind is starting to lightly blow but I wasn't to cold considering I was wearing a pair of baggy jeans and a white tanktop wich is considered pretty warm clothes in California.

I laid my head down on the sand, not caring anout my hair getting sandy.
How could I?
I was back home.

"STASIA!"