𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"Believe only half of what you see and nothing you hear

"Believe only half of what you see and nothing you hear." - Edgar Allan Poe

I woke up earlier that morning, to make a present for my father's last birthday. I hadn't made a present yet, like always I fell asleep last night while watching the movie. Staying up late wasn't my thing, I didn't even get to finish her mac and cheese. Staying up late still isn't my thing.

I ran to the tiny table in my room, grabbing paper, pencils and stickers. I made a drawing that was supposed to resemble a birthday party, "Happy birthday, Dad." in all capital letters. There was a house with a table with a birthday cake on it, and two stickmans sitting at the table with party hats on.

I chuckled sweetly while drawing, and put stickers and glitter all over it. When I was a toddler I was proud of this drawing, now I don't think it was that cute. It has to much glitter on it, it is a prized possession of mine. I stole it from Richie Kirsch' shrine, I don't know how that creep got his grimy hands on my childhood belongings but he did.

The way I thought all the stickers and glitter was going to make, the drawing prettier. It doesn't really.

"My masterpiece," I giggled. There were still some things missing, my box of crafting supplies were in the garage. And I didn't want to wake up my dad, 'cause that would ruin the surprise.

I opened the door as silently as I could, and walked to the garage on the tips of my toes. The next problem was opening the door, I just couldn't reach the handle. I made a little jump and opened the door, a loud noise erupting.

"Oh no," I didn't hear my dad waking up. So resumed with my plan, luckily the box was on the lowest shelf.

I saw the mask again, it was well hidden but I always found what I wasn't supposed to. I grabbed the mask facing my fear, I inspected it and wasn't scared anymore.

Is this supposed to be the face of a ghost? Ghostface? Badass name. I thought.

I put on the mask wanting to know, how you could see in it. I could see everything through the mask, I rummaged further in the box where I found the mask. I found an odd shaped device, a voice changer of some sorts.

What is this thingy? Huh, weird. What does this do? How does this work? I thought.

I clicked all the buttons very confused, after a minute I gave up and put it back. Keeping the mask and taking the box, with crafting supplies.

I walked back to my room and started making more presents, for my dad's birthday.

I made a poorly made flower out of paper, another drawing. I made a card with a lot of rainbows and hearts on it, and a sweet message in illegible handwriting. No one would be able to read.

Happy birthday dad!

I hope you have a great birthday

I love you

from Raven
to Dad

I still had the mask on, I felt protected. It would scare people off, definitely my bullies. I felt powerful, strong, brave.

I put all the presents in a box and put it in my tent, I sat in that tent until dad would check if I was still sleeping.

The door creaked open, and prepared myself to scare him.

"Boo," I actually scared him with the mask that belonged to him. It's quite comedic seeing ghostface get scared by his own mask, scared of who it will belong to in the future. Me. The two things he hoped for was surviving and if he didn't survive, that I won't follow in his murderous footsteps.

"Where did you find that?"

"Garage," I took the mask off, revealing my face. "What really is it?"

"Something that needs to be thrown out," he took the mask from my hands. Putting it away, somewhere.

"Happy birthday," I revealed her present. I gave him the present and was full of joy and pride, while he was filled with guilt and sadness. Why did he take this risk? I would've loved to have a semi normal childhood, growing up with him to care for me. That's all I wanted and still want, I wanted to turn back time and have none of this happen.

I am still drowning in the pain and sadness of his-, while no one is there to take care of me. My mother wouldn't take care of me, definitely not, after the news would come out.

He hugged me to hide his tears, so I wouldn't see them. I would've thought there was something wrong and he couldn't lie to me, that was impossible.

"Thank you, sunshine."

"You haven't even opened the present," he wiped away his tears and opened the box. A smile of happiness appearing on his face, the presents made him light up.

It's weird to think that a ghostface killer can have a soft spot, well they can.

No one would possibly think that he was actually a good father for me, because of the killings. Well he was.

He was a great father and I was never ashamed of admitting that, that he is her father and that she adored him. A lot of people say I should be ashamed of him being my dad and his actions, I hate those people. He cared for me, he was a great dad for me. And no one can somehow comprehend that news, it doesn't work in their brain.

▬ι═ﺤ

Author's Note:

(edited)