Part 1

A girl was sitting at the window, propping her chin up with her hand, looking out into the distance.
It was dark outside, but the moon, huge in the sky, dispersed the darkness with its pleasant bright light. The air was warm and a light breeze gently swayed the beautiful brown strands of the young lady's hair. The lady who was sitting had, in addition to her shining curls, the most beautiful golden shade of eyes. The girl also had the status of the wife of a wealthy aristocrat, who had not only his own lands, but two mansions. She married him at sixteen, and at seventeen she bore him a child. Now her daughter is one year old, but that does not bring her much happiness. No. Abi loves her daughter, it's just that her husband is indifferent to them, he doesn't want them, and she has no idea what to do about it. If it were possible to go somewhere, the aristocrat would have packed her things and left long ago, but unfortunately he won't let them go, and with a special indifference asks her to take care of the child without the presence of strangers. The husband thinks it is better to have her than anyone else, and he himself goes to entertain his mistress. Abi eventually grows tired of this attitude and now constantly goes to her room to feed her daughter and put her to bed, after which she goes out into the yard for some fresh air, trying to put her thoughts in order.

Abi is already eighteen, but she has never experienced this magical happiness. Her little girl grows up in a loveless family, which makes her want to cry, but she hangs on for her daughter. Abi stood up with a weary sigh and removed the barrette, after which a mop of hair scattered down her back. Her curls reached to her waist, which made her have to tie them into a bun at home and let them loose outside and let them shimmer in the sun and glisten with a golden glow. But for the moment, this young lady's head was filled with thoughts of her hard life. Abi took off her dress, and put it away behind the screen, and then the girl turned toward the crib where Ami lay. She carefully walked across the room to her daughter, checking to see if she was asleep. The girl was sleeping soundly and Abi exhaled, seemingly holding her breath. Golden eyes blinked, and then the girl turned and looked out the window. It was slowly dawning, which meant it was time to go do the usual household chores: count the bills for the mansion, see the number of candles needed to light the rooms, and the required amount of water, for the household, and also the cost of sewing clothes, servants, and food.

The young woman tries not to use the help of servants, so that later she would not have to pay for it out of her savings. The young lady let out a convulsive sigh and put on a soft blue-colored dress, which made her look feminine and innocent, and then she tied a blue and white lace belt. Abi decided to put her hair in a ponytail, tying it with a white ribbon. The shoes were the color of the dress, with a feeling of silky softness on the foot. The girl checked on the child once more and dashed out the door, closing it with particular ease.

Abi approached her husband's office, but then stopped abruptly. The young lady tensed and hurried away from the place that gave her the creeps. It looked like she would be eating breakfast alone today, but that didn't matter, she had a lot to do today, which should preferably be done by tonight. Abi went into the dining room and inhaled the pleasant smell of rice and chicken and green tea. The different aromas made the young lady dizzy and she decided to sit down quickly and taste the tender chicken covered with golden gravy of tart sauce with different spices. The girl broke off a piece of tender meat and put it in her mouth, chewing carefully. She covered her eyes with pleasure, squinting happily.

When she had finished her breakfast, Abi hurried to her office to begin her work. The girl went into the small room and sat by the window, there she lit candles and began to count the expenses. The young woman interrupted occasionally to feed her daughter and change her into clean clothes. Abi was surprised, however, that her husband had dropped in on as many as two occasions and that with his servants to pick out her dress for negotiations with prominent aristocrats.