Chapter 9

Pedri's POV:

I waited for Gavi in my Mini Cooper. He jumped in an immediately connected himself with the car to play his usual songs again. He dedicated "nobody wanna see us together, but it don't matter..." to me and his family. It was nice but after a hundred times of hearing it, it got on my nerves. Though I didn't say anything because he was in such a good mood.

"That Maya girl seemed nice. She's pretty and fun. I talked to her."

"Yeah, I saw that", I replied with an annoyed voice.

"What's up? Why are you in such a bad mood?"

"Nothing nothing"

"But your training was good today. Does it have something to do with the new girl?"

"What? Noo, how did you even think of this. Why would I?"

"Judging by your response I am right. Tell me?"

"Fine, it's not a big deal though. I just know her from high school."

"Really that's cool, but why are you annoyed then?"

"Well, I rejected her..." and I told him what happened that school party night and all from before that.

"Woah, that's a lot. Still you acted like a complete dick"

"I know, I know. I just didn't want to have something with her and then leave right after. It wouldn't have been fair for her even if I liked her and would've wanted to kiss her in that moment too. I regret hurting her but I didn't know what else to do then."

"I do understand that Pepi. Maybe you should still apologize so you don't have bad blood with her at work."
"I think I will do that next week. Thanks for the advice my brother." "Sure"

I stopped in front of his house and he got out, telling me that he'll be online to play video games in an hour. He precisely told me to also go online on time and not 5 hours later. I rolled my eyes but smiled and drove off.

***

The next morning me and Fer called mum to catch up with her and dad. We talked about this and that. She was happy that her two sons were on good terms and living together. She also told us that she and dad went out with friends after a long time. She told us that they brought their daughter too.

"Ahh she was pretty and also lives in Barcelona. She was with them for a visit. You guys might even get to meet her soon if you haven't already. She started working for Barca. You know her from high school Pepi. It's Maya, I'm talking about."

I was surprised not going to lie. Maya was literally all over my life rn. Meeting my parents and working where I play. It's actually crazy.

"Ehhh, yes mum, I remembered her. She already met the team yesterday."

"Lovely. Did you talk to her?"

"Not now but I will next week."

"Okay that's nice." After that she chatted with Fer a little and we eventually said our good byes since she had to get to their restaurant.

I have to think now how to approach Maya. She didn't seem to recognize me yesterday nor acknowledged my existence. I'll have to see...