All Things Closed

TW! - mentions of abusive relationships

I'm not sure about you, but when your entire family is gathered in one room, for a family event, it tends to get pretty awkward. Now imagine you're the richest family on the planet and that event just so happens to be your exiled, lesbian, insest aunt's funeral. pretty awkward. Everyone from the family was here, except Denali who was obviously being held against her will in prison. Cousins, family friends, that one weird uncle, even though despite having enough money to go to therapy still had a raging drinking problem. you name it, they where there. 

The closed casket funeral was held at the Cathedral Of Our lady Of The Angles. Of course it was, its one of the most expensive churches in america. it comes at no surprise that they'd book the biggest and most lavish church, in Los Angeles. a tall well lit room with chandeliers hanging from ever part of the ceiling. the light glistening off of the stained glass windows,reflecting onto the crowed below. It was to perfect a venue for a family such as this. It was almost a metaphor, outlining how perfect they look on the outside, comparing to what darkness grows from within.

despite being president of her own business to find the time for the event and of course shed be wearing the most amount of clothing possible, just like her husband liked.

"Casandra, darling. How are you. We haven't seen you since the unfortunate events at your wedding" Beatrice spoke in a hostile, whispered tone. trying to crack a smile through her face lifted features.

"Splendid as always mother" she reluctantly replied, giving her a sarcastic curtsy.

"Now, now, non of that im your mother after all" she engaged, looking around the room, avoiding the embarrassment of acknowledging her daughters behavior.

"I see you've changed mommy, you'd usually have me practice my curtsy to you every day at breakfast. then again the amount of plastic you pump into your face is sure to do something to your Cranial region" She chuckled with a snought, looking into the crowd.

Her mother said nothing. she turned to her giving her a glaring and shocked expression. Soon followed with a hostile smiled

"Now my child you're to know better than talk badly about your dear mother. The amount your husband beats you, you'd think he would have beat some sense into you" she smiled as she elgently flowed, re-joining the crowd, leaving her daughters jaw dropped.

"i fucking hate this family" she muttered under her muffled breath

"I fucking hate funerals" her brother, Charles, soon entered after seeing the departure of his mother. He was left in an awkward silence as Casandra took a few steps back. when she got to a safe distance she turned around, only to be greeted by her beloved father

"Jesus, can't i catch a fucking break" she muttered under her breath

"Father! Great to see you. Fancy bumping into you here" she nervously laughed.

Charles noticed she had left and soon returned, greeting his father.

"Daddy! what a delight as always it is to see you" he enthusiastically hugged him.

"Give me a break" she whispered under her breath.

"Something you'd like to say CA-sAn-drA" Emphasizing each A in her name.

"Not a problem at all" she replied shaking her head, rolling on her ankles. "just proves why everyone called you daddy's cunt" she muttered, laughing at herself.

Her brother and farther both gave her deceitful looks.

"Daddy! tell her" he whined

"kill me now" s he said, rolling her eyes