Training and Rescued

Anna stood still as the Asset brushed out her hair

Anna stood still as the Asset brushed out her hair. If anything could be said about his baby, she knew how to stand still while people fixed her hair. HYDRA had finally allowed her a bath and her hair was all clean. "There! All done!" The Asset said, turning his daughter to face him. He pressed a kiss to her forehead. Anna buried her face in his chest as he picked her up and they both sat down.

"Papa, head hurts," Anna said with a muffled voice. The Asset stroked her hair tenderly. Anna was still undergoing the memory wipes. Karpov had originally said Anna only needed two or three, but she had been fighting the wipes. So he had scheduled more. Her mind wasn't accepting the drugs or shocks. In the first few minutes she would, but once the stupor wore off, some of her memories would come back. The doctors were working on a drug that would suppress her memories and make her mind accept it. At the moment she was relaxing in his arms and admitting he was her father, but in a few minutes she would start to fight him. She would struggle in his hug and it would take nearly 20 minutes before she wore herself out.

"Who are you?" The Asset asked, pulling her face from his chest and bracing it with both his hands to keep her eyes on his.

Anna hesitated slightly. "Anna," Anna said in a small voice.

"Who am I?" The Asset pressed, stroking her face.

"Papa," Anna said as the Asset bundled her into his arms, hugging her tightly and kissing her through her hair.

Karpov then came in, followed by the doctor. "Soldat, the drugs are prepared," Karpov said harshly. The Asset stood, pressing Anna's face to his shoulder.

"Does she need to come to the lab?" The Asset asked.

"Yes. We also have other serums we want to try," Karpov said. The Asset had no choice but to carry Anna to the lab. For the rest of the day and well into the night, Anna's cries of pain got to him as the serums ravaged her system. His daughter was hurting. By the time they were finished, Anna had stopped crying and was looking at him morosely as he released her from the operating table. He carefully picked her up and she went limply into his hug, pressing her face into his neck as he carried her out and to their quarters. Anna fell asleep halfway back to their quarters, curling up, if possible, deeper into his chest.

 Anna fell asleep halfway back to their quarters, curling up, if possible, deeper into his chest