You blew it

Location: Zyans car 📍

While I'm looking at her address to make sure I'm going the right way she plays this song

I actually didn't expect for her to actually have the same taste in music as me.

I let her choose the music because I wanted to see what her vibe was...but also to get rid of this silence.

I feel like music brings people together .
We don't talk much so I just enjoy the music and drive.

There wasn't much to talk about in art class and there isn't much to talk about now. I'm just simply taking her home.

I look over at her and she's looking out the window, she looks deep in thought but I don't want to interrupt her.

For a bit I look at her beautiful dark skin, and her curly natural hair, The way the blue light from my bluetooth screen shined on her skin.

I could have sworn she was glowing.

She's so focused on her thoughts and It's like I'm not in the car with her.

It feels so weird to be staring at her like this but I feel like there's more to her.

As if admiring her beauty would give me all of the answers.

All of a sudden the music lowers.
I quickly straighten up and focus back on the road.

Dang she almost caught me staring again.

"This might be weird but can we stop to get something to eat? I can buy you food to pay you back for taking me home." She says.

I mean I'm not gonna pass up on free food.

"Yea sure just let me know where" I say.

"Okay I'm craving wings, there's a wing stop 5 minutes away from my house" she says.

She puts the new location in the gps and we start heading there.

Once we get there, We park and walk into the Wing stop.
I make sure to open the door for her.

As we walk in, two of my new team mates Zeke and Carter, are in inside eating.

I walk off to greet them and she goes and orders.

"That's you bro?" Zeke discretely points at trinity.

Nah we're just friends I'm taking her home, her car broke down" I insist.

They look at each other then start laughing in disbelief.

"So why are y'all out on a dinner date bud" Carter exclaims.

I already know where this is going.

We need to get out of here before it becomes a big deal.

These guys play all day.

I walk away ignoring their next comments because I already know how they are and really don't care.

Trinity pays and grabs the food and we walk back to the car. I know she heard the conversation.

We both say nothing about what was said just get in.

"So are we eating in here?" She says hopeful while taking our food out of the bag.

I immediately want to say yes, and spend the night getting to know her but for some reason I panic.

I need to stay focused for baseball and the first game hasn't even come up yet.

Not to mention my team mates already seen me with her.

"Oh, uh I gotta wake up early for school...we have a team meeting and I don't want to oversleep" I say.

Stupid excuse.

Knowing it's only 4pm and I have nothing else to do tonight.

"Oh" she says looking disappointed.

"Y-yeah I have homework also" she adds.

She hands me my food and puts hers back in the bag.

We both put our seatbelts on and I pull off heading to her house.

The rest of the ride was quiet. Why did I panic. There's no doubt I just blew it with with her.

She looked so disappointed. I don't know how I'm gonna even come back from this.

Shortly, We pull up to her house and before I can say anything,

"Thanks." she says.

She gets out and shuts the door.

Her face is neutral and I can't really tell how she's feeling at this moment.

I watch to make sure she gets inside of her house safely. Then drive off.

I get home and crash in my bed in disappointment.

I need a second to process everything that just happened.

I definitely blew it.

I reach in my pocket. I look at my phone and see that she put her number in.

Maybe I can redeem myself.

Should I text her?

I can't over think on an empty stomach. I need to actually eat something.

Zyans Story: