Chapter 8: It's worth taking a risk.

'Are-are you serious?' was the first thing I managed to say after Victoria told us 'The great news'.
'Of course I'm serious!' Victoria exclaimed.
'Let's go and check the notice board.' Said Emma, and we headed towards the Notice board.
So, Victoria was right. Adam Levine - the famous singer - really was coming to our School. It said that Auditions will held on Friday, March 17th, where 5 girls will be selected. And then, on Monday, March 20th, Adam Levine will come to the School. Those 5 girls will perform in front of him that day, and he would select one girl with the most beautiful voice, of course. And that lucky girl would sing a song with Adam Levine.
'I'm so happy for you!' Victoria squealed, and they both gave me a hug.
'So?!' Both Emma and Victoria asked me simultaneously.
'So what?' I asked them.
'It says register yourself by tomorrow. I think you should go and register yourself today!' Emma said.
I had no idea what to do. One part of me was saying: What are you waiting for Alison? Get yourself registered! While the other part of me said: You don't need to register. Leave it!
'N-no, I can't!' I told them. 'What?!' Victoria asked.
'This is your chance! You can get famous! And you are simply saying 'No'?!' Emma asked me in anger.
'Look, my voice is really good, but maybe they won't like it.' I sadly added.
'No! I'm sure they will love it!' Victoria said. 'Please, it's worth taking a risk.' Victoria tried to boost me up. I nodded. 'Okay.' I said. They both squealed again and gave me a big hug.
So, after I registered, we all were asked to come to the auditorium where this news was annouced by the Principal, too. 'I know you will be that lucky girl who would sing with Adam.' Emma whispered in my ear as Mr. Richard gave us each and every detail about the auditions. Everyone hooted and cheered.
As I returned home, I went up to my room, took a quick shower, slipped into a pair of black jeans and a plain white shirt, and went downstairs to the lounge where Amy was sitting and watching Cartoons, stuffing her mouth with popcorns. I sat with her.
'Where is Mom?' I asked her.
'Don't know.' She muttered. I grabbed the remote and changed the channel. 'Give me the remote!' She screamed. 'Shut up!' I told her.
Then, she grabbed my phone, and threw it against the wall. Before I knew what happened, she went to her room and locked herself. I was turning red with fury. I picked my phone from the ground. Its screen was cracked. I sighed, trying to calm my nerves. Suddenly, Mom appeared with grocery.
'I need a new phone.' I demanded.