Part 14 : Doctor Rose

Daniel POV 

It was 1 AM when she stood alone in that desolate forest. After I sent her the address, threatening to release the photos I stole from her , I appeared out of nowhere,she  jumped in fear, and placed her hand on her chest.

"You came... If I were you, I wouldn't have," I said.

"Who are you? Just tell me what you want in exchange for those photos," she replied.

"Why the hell do you do that? You're the reason those photos were taken. If you weren't a bad girl, they wouldn't have captured you. Anyway, let's go," I urged.

"Where ?"

"To a place you'll love."

I said quietly and headed to my car. She followed me, even though she didn't want to. But I had control over her mind and made her obey me. She couldn't escape. In that brightly lit room was a doctor, a nurse, a bed, and surgical equipment ready for an operation.

"What... is this?" she asked.

"I want to ask you... why did you kill my brother years ago?"

"What are you talking about?"

"My brother. Don't you remember him? Even after you saw my face, didn't that remind you of him? How much did that operation cost? How much was it worth?" I questioned.

"Impossible... I would never do that."

"Stop lying. I know well that you were aware of it and accepted that operation for the money. But the difference between us is that I won't make money after this operation," I said as she approached the bed and reluctantly laid down. Despite her attempts to resist, her body executed what I requested. Gradually, her screams grew louder and louder, and she asked for help, but even the doctor and nurse present were unconscious, oblivious to the crime they were about to commit. That's the curse of this damned eye.

Arsula POV

With each scream she released, I felt my heart contract, and it became harder to catch my breath. I couldn't move, even in shock. In that house, they were torturing her. Almost an hour passed before she stopped screaming, and then I widened my eyes, knowing she had died. If only I hadn't followed her here. If only I hadn't known that truth.  Daniel had killed Dr. Rose, and then, minutes later, he left the house. As he headed towards his car, I froze in place, trying not to make a sound to avoid him discovering me. He's a murderer. It means he could be the one who killed the college students and the missing girls who committed suicide a month ago.

Mary POV

"You must be the new tenant. Please come in," the girl said, and her smile never left her face as she gestured for me to enter the house.

"I was told that another girl lives here," I said, while I looked around the house with my eyes in every corner.

"Arsula... She said she'd prepare dinner, but she's late. I hope she's okay," the girl replied.

"Oh, it's okay. Can you show me my room, please?"

"Of course, your room is downstairs. Arsula asked for the upstairs because she needs the space for her things. She's graduating as a doctor this year."

"A doctor? That's great. Anyway, I won't stay here long."

"Oh, I forgot to ask your name... I'm Rim."

"Mary..."

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I'll change my clothes and then join you for dinner. Let's not wait for your friend, okay? I'm hungry."

I said, and before finishing my sentence, the door of the house opened, and the girl with long black hair appeared, holding bags in her hand. She approached us, smiling, and said, "Hello... You must be Mary. It's nice to meet you. I brought some food for you too, and I'll set the table."

She was the calmest among us and the most organized. Even her way of eating was different, and during dinner, she didn't say anything, remaining silent as if she was thinking about something that occupied her mind.

"Rim said I should get the downstairs room. What are those things you put in the upstairs to avoid us?" I asked, breaking the silence that was between us. She looked at me with a cold and terrifying stare.

"Just books and files I need for my studies and some tools and models. As you know, I'm studying medicine. I have a model of a skeletal structure, two eye models, and many other different-sized models. I hope you understand," she explained.

It was mysterious. I noticed that the first time I met her, she wasn't a nice person, but she pretended to be. She was quiet in a scary way, and her dimmed eyes held secrets. I didn't know who that look reminded me of, but I was certain that it was familiar.