1. Last Day on the Planet

"Ok Louie, we'll leave tomorrow morning." Olimar said with a smile. After weeks of hard work, we were able to pay off all of our company's debt. We were finalizing some stuff before we returned to Hocotate. The pikmin had been helping us gather resources, since they no longer had to gather treasure. They were there to help us, and we were always happy to have them around. We would be nowhere without them.

I finished plating our food before bringing it to the table. Olimar usually doesn't eat my cooking, but today was a special occasion. "Wow Louie, you really know how to make a great looking dish!" Olimar said, reaching for his fork. "What did you make today?"
"It's a Bulborb steak with a side of pik pik carrots drenched in a homemade tomato sauce." Olimar shook his head and laughed. That's always his reaction to when I explain my dishes to him. On Hocotate, most people don't eat meat. They don't even eat fruits. They only eat vegetables, which means they can usually only get nutrients from vegetables.

I gave Olimar a smaller steak and more carrots because of this. He's a good guy, I wouldn't give him something he couldn't handle. He took a bite and looked up at me. "Louie, you really are a great chef." He said. I smiled and started to eat my food. We spent the rest of the meal in silence.

When we finished, I grabbed our plates and cleaned up while Olimar wrote in the ship log. The time was 7:50 pm, about 10 minutes before sundown. We had to do a few things before we could go to sleep. We checked on the pikmin, who were all safe in the onions. We checked on the treasure hoard, which was secured. We checked our supplies, full enough to last us back to Hocatate and then some. We were all good.

I took off my spacesuit and got into my solid blue pajamas. Olimar had just finished locking up the ship and getting it into the atmosphere. I looked out the window and saw the onions hovering beside us. They looked beautiful as their colors stood out against the black sky. I walked towards the bunk beds, and layed down on the bottom bunk. Olimar came in and climbed on to the top bunk, wearing pajamas identical to mine, but red instead of blue. He fell asleep immediately. I could tell by his snoring. I, on the other hand, couldn't fall asleep. I tossed and turned for what seemed like hours. I couldn't sleep because I was too busy thinking about how we even got here. I know that it was my fault, and that weighed on me. Because I ate the golden pikpik carrots, Hocotate Freight went into debt, Olimar had to come back here, and to make things worse, he couldn't even see his family first, not to mention he also lost his beloved ship. I knew this whole ordeal was about to be over with, but the guilt still crushed me like a boulder.

Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore. I got up, ate a quick snack, and made some coffee. I was considering landing the ship so that I could go for a walk, but I knew it would be too dangerous. I settled to do it in the morning. I needed to clear my head before we left this distant planet.