Act 7, Chapter 5

"It definitely seems to be." you agreed, having leaned further to Hisoka to be able to inspect the picture.

"What do you think it stands for?" you asked.

"Well..." he started, staring down on the painting displayed on his phone.

seemingly taking in every detail possible.

"..since the painting is called 'The Entombment of Christ' it's rather obvious that the half naked man in the bottom front of the painting is Christ himself. The other people displayed in painting, especially the men carrying Christ, seem to lack emotions.

The woman with the handkerchief looks devastated while the woman on the right looks up into the sky, almost apologetic. My guess would be that she is almost apologising to god for that mankind had killed their son.

I wouldn't say that this moment is captured as a burial but as a mourning because god had sent their only son to earth to reconcile humans with heaven.

and those humans have killed this tool of reconciliation, some of them may may be fearing god's wrath.

also, the men laying Christ's body on a stone wear red while the others displayed war plainer colors.

once again indicating the danger, the emotions that red represents. how everyone in contact with Christ was risking their lives, angering outstanders, getting themselves tortured if connected to him.

the woman in the background might wear plain colors to represent the indifference people out of Christ's surroundings, people not in contact with him, might feel."

While explaining Hisoka had looked down on his phone, observing the painting even more while talking.

You were, once more, left speechless with the level of depth your coworker was able to talk about a 'simple' painting, how he was able to take every detail in.

Hisoka seemed in a rush after finishing his tea rather quickly.

he had downed half the cup suddenly before telling you had to go.

he had almost stormed out the house before you were even able to really stand up and guide him to the door.

as soon as he closed the front door behind him you realised that all sense of familiarity with him suddenly disappeared into thin air.

you thought you just got some kind of hang on him when he went back to being almost crazy and un-understandable.

a mystery which you weren't at all eager to solve.

his visit had drained you enough to doze off on the couch after putting Hisoka's and your own cup into the dishwasher.

your limbs and especially your eyelids felt a little heavier than usual so you turned off all the lights in the living room and sat on the couch, turning on the tv.

you had put on a rather boring show that you didn't even try to follow, it didn't take long for your eyes to flutter shut.

though you didn't get the nap you wanted.

"I don't like him. Now I finally fully understand what you meant with that you just don't think the two of you are compatible. I am also not saying he's a bad person, there surely are people he loves and that love him as well, he probably got friends, but he just doesn't fit with everyone." Chrollo said.

he stood behind the couch, slowly making his way around it to take a casual seat next to you.

you yawned before nodding.

"the worst is that he sometimes does make me feel like we could be friends, we do share some rather normal and what i would describe as comfortable conversations but then he just takes a step back into making it unpleasant. as if he just wants to keep me away or something.." you admitted.

you had Hisokas intellectual side in mind, the way he was able to express and explain his opinion on the paintings in the downstairs hallway so easily.

his words made you actually want to listen to him for a change and his voice was pleasant to listen to in a way.

but maybe it only was this comfortable because it reminded you of Chrollo..?

to your words he only nodded.

now that your state of rest was disturbed all sense of sleepiness almost vanished from your body.

silently you and Chrollo followed the program in the TV for a moment before you remembered the notebook and how openly it was laying around, about how you wanted to continue to write in it.

"I'll go upstairs.." you said, grabbing the TV's remote.

you wanted to give it to Chrollo but when you tried to just lay it in his hands that were laying on his lap, it just fell through.

"Sorry!" the both of you said simultaneously but you were too tired to return the small laugh that Chrollo gave from himself.

instead you just smiled before going on your way upstairs.

you weren't too sure if you would write in it today but you were sure to at least take it out from it's space in the shelf of the study room.

you opened the door to the study room and didn't even close it before taking the notebook out from the bottom of the left shelf.

and while crouched down there you decided to take Chrollo's book out as well.

perhaps you could put it back into his chest?

of course that would mean that you'd have to dragged said, heavy, chest out of the tiny storage room at the end of the hallway and put it back as well but that way there was no danger in someone discovering it on accident.

but as you took the book out and the white handprint on the cover came into sight, you were reminded of a question you wanted to ask Chrollo for a while now.

you put the notebook on the desk of the study room while keeping Chrollo's book in hand and making your way downstairs.

he was still sitting in the spot you left him in.

not that much time passed so it would make you wonder.

the only thing that had changed was the programm.

you didn't know what was running in the TV right now but neither did you care, you had something else you wanted to know.

"Chrollo, in which language is the book written in?"