Chapter 4

At Amina's House

"Mino, please get up or we're going to miss our flight," Fatima said with hands on her hips.

"Just a few more moments," Mino mumbled in her sleep.

Fatima pulled the blanket off Mino's body and mockingly shouted near her ears, "Come on, my friend, get up! I've been trying to wake you for the past hour, but no, princess wants her beauty sleep."

"Thanks for the compliment, best friend," Mino replied, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She reluctantly got up and made her way to the bathroom, while Fatima finished packing their bags since they couldn't do it yesterday. Mino emerged wearing a purple chiffon dress and a black bag, while Fatima wore a green abaya with a matching bag.

They both headed downstairs and met Umma and Abba having breakfast in the dining room. After exchanging greetings, they sat down to have their breakfast. Once finished, Malam Idrisa and the driver, Audu, helped them with their luggage to the car. They bid Umma and Abba farewell and zoomed off to the airport. As their luggage was being searched, they waited patiently. Mino, getting bored, started checking her social media handles, occasionally bothering Fatima with talk about some prince she saw and exaggerated his looks. Fatima eventually grew irritated and asked her to stop.

"Mino, please stop talking about this guy. It's enough. He's just a prince and nothing more," Fatima pleaded.

"Just a prince?" Mino gasped, shocked by Fatima's indifference. She started blabbering about him again before Fatima finally joined her hands and begged Mino, "Mino dear, let's discuss this later. Our flight number has been called." And before they knew it, they boarded the plane and left Maiduguri for London.

At Soldier Camp A, UK

"Lieutenant Woods reporting for duty, sir," a tall British man said.

"Speak, Muhammad," the boss replied.

"Boss, the Cobra is attacking the eastern border," Lieutenant Woods reported.

Muhammad squinted his eyes at the lieutenant. "Who let them escape?" he roared. He couldn't believe that months of effort had gone down the drain. He had spent countless sleepless nights planning and creating strategies to capture the Cobra, but now, a bunch of so-called soldiers allowed them to escape.

Rage fueled the fire that burned deep inside Muhammad's soul, awakening the demon he had kept hidden. He grabbed his gun and ventured into the forest. He knew that if he stayed at the camp any longer, he would end up causing harm to many innocent people, and he didn't want that—at least, not now.

For three days, he stayed hidden in the forest, gathering his thoughts and planning his next move. He had made up his mind that he would not return home until the Cobra was eradicated from the face of the earth.

When he finally returned to the camp, his khakis were stained with dirt and smudges. Even though he was a clean freak, he had to put up with this for the sake of his mission.

He cleaned his body, had his meal, and then gathered the soldiers for a meeting. He ordered reports, and one of his subordinates handed him a black file.

"Boss, our sources have obtained information that the Cobra has spread themselves around London," the subordinate reported.

Muhammad closed his eyes and massaged his temples, contemplating the best way to deal with the Cobra once and for all.

"We will go undercover," he said with determination as he slowly opened his eyes. "Since we have their information, we will infiltrate their ranks and take them down one by one."

"Get ready, soldiers. We're going to London," he declared, standing up and leaving the room.

See y'all in the next chap❤️✨🦋