Was it worth it?

Did you really have to do this?
Did you really have to bring me down every opportunity you got? Was it worth it in the end? Was it worth it when child protective services didn't allow me to live with you anymore? Was it worth it?

I only see you once a week for like two hours cause I live with mom permanently. and who's fault is that? Yours. It's all your fault, everything is your fault!

I'm not even bothering to try to make this poem rhyme because no matter what I do it's never good enough. No matter if I get the lead in my musical or sing solo in front of hundreds of people in my school band. no matter what I do my math teacher is more proud of me than you are and that says enough.

So, was it all worth it? Was it worth slamming me in a wall cause I didn't know the answer to a math question or yell till I broke down crying cause I didn't understand my homework? Was it worth throwing things at me and yelling at me to leave anytime you watched football?

Do you know how many times I've broken down or have had a panic attack at school or in my room because of you? Do you know how many times I've had to come up with lame excuses to why I was sad or why my shoulder had bruises? Do you? No, you don't, and you don't care either.

None of you so called "friends" know because every time they came over, you only allowed me to say hi before making me go to my room and leave you alone.

And now because of you, every time someone raises their voice I cry and struggle to breathe because it reminds me of you..you stole my childhood. My childhood that was filled with bullies telling me to kill myself while I was at school, and you yelling at me for being a mistake everyday at home. I had no childhood, at least not one I am proud of.

I hope it was all fucking worth it dad. You killed me, not anyone else...YOU.

(So this was a little more of a rant rather than a poem so don't judge the bad rhyming.🫶)