pyrexia | Samatoki

The noise from his doorbell rang repeatedly in his apartment. With a groan, Samatoki stood up – ignoring how his head is going to break itself apart with that awful pain that has been in there since he woke up, and how every footstep he took was dragging his whole body down. Ruffling his hair in annoyance, Samatoki made his way towards the entrance of his home. Not even bothering to look at the peephole that was placed on his door before unlocking the locks of his door proves that he just wanted to yell to whoever the hell was on the other side and tell them to go away. He opened his door widely (to his annoyance), but was surprised when he saw that it was you who was there.

Samatoki only looked at you with a questioning gaze, feeling the sweat from his forehead fall down on the side of his face. His eyes twitched, watching you blink and open your mouth, "...I was told to come here by Jyuto, so, what h–"

He replied, "–and? Doesn't look like you need anything, so fuck off already."

"I'll be coming in," you only replied after hearing his voice, forcing your way in before feeling the door in front of you was being pushed by Samatoki from the other side.

Irritated by his stubbornness, you said while putting an arm on the door and pushing it with your strength, "Look, just let me in! It's clear that you're sick and should be on bed, resting." you heard him click his tongue, "–your fever might get worse if you keep being stubborn like this!"

"Shut up!" he lowly growled, refusing your offer as you let him push the door towards your direction.

Hearing the click from the door, you refused to go away from your spot. An idea came to mind, so with confidence, you said, "If you don't want me in, I guess I can just go and ask for Jyuto and Rio to go here and cook something for you."

Samatoki flinched from your words – he'd rather have you here than those two and force him to eat something that could worsen his condition. He's annoyed with that angry look on your face when he quickly opens his door, crimson eyes wide and beads of sweat continuously fall down on his face. With no choice left, he gave up.

You could tell from his tone that he still wanted to refuse your help, but sucked it up, "Alright, fine." Samatoki said with his voice starting to sound a bit weaker. He gestured to you to come in and watched you go in with that small bag of various ingredients and medicine. He should've expected that you don't have any plans going home after hearing him sick.

Hearing his door close once again, you turned your body towards his direction and asked him, "How are you feeling?"

Now he has the urge to roll his eyes, as if you couldn't tell by looking at him, "Shit, obviously."

You ignored his sarcastic remark, choosing to take a step forward towards him instead and lifted your hand towards his forehead to check his temperature.

Samatoki watched your hand getting closer and closer to his face. He had no strength to deny your touch, and only watched helplessly as he felt your right hand sway the strays of his hair, gently holding them with your hand so that it won't get wet with his sweat and your other hand brought itself towards his forehead so that you could feel his temperature. 

With you being close like this, he watched your eyebrows knit and noticed that you were on your toes as you tried your best to reach him. Honestly, for the first time in his life, thought that it was quite adorable of you to do so. His face felt so hot when he felt your fingers tracing along his skin and with you being physically close to you. He took note of how you watched him with those eyes of yours as his breath hitched, before letting out a light exhale.

After checking his temperature, your hands left his face – there was a slight disappointment inside of him when the lack of foreign warmth left – and looked at him with worry glinting in your eyes. "We should get you to bed for now, Samatoki." you said and touched his arm, dragging him lightly closer to you as a way to guide him towards his room, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you, okay?"