what did i get myself into with you?

it did not surprise you that Angela and Lewis were parting ways, as it had been in the works towards the end of last season. she wouldn't leave until she found someone who was suitable and most importantly, someone whom Lewis trusted.

You had been a part of the Mercedes Travel Team for a few years and began taking on more responsibility

You had been a part of the Mercedes Travel Team for a few years and began taking on more responsibility. When the 2022 season came, the team put you to the test with a tougher traveling schedule. It was rough in the beginning, but you only went through it with the relationships you had formed.

2022

Of all the people you met on the team, two stood out: Angela and Lewis. At first, you were immediately drawn to Angela's personality, and it wasn't long before you gravitated toward Lewis. You worried Lewis would find it intrusive, but he quickly put your fears to rest. He assured you he appreciated having you around and included you on their trips. He had you travel with them and go out after races if time allowed. Angela and Lewis became like family to you. You trusted them more than anyone else on Paddock, and you felt it in return.

As the races went along, you understood the dynamics of how Angela and Lewis worked.
During the times you weren't busy, you found yourself in the garage holding some of Lewis' belongings - almost as if it had become part of their routine. Angela often teased you by saying,
"If I ever needed a weekend off, you'd be my perfect replacement." You took her words as a compliment and laughed, but also reminded her you were only accompanying them, as you were tied to Mercedes.

You thought it was a private conversation between you and Angela, but it surprised you when Lewis walked up to the two of you and said,
"That could always be changed," with a playful wink. You and Lewis had become comfortable bantering with each other, so you responded with a smile, "You'd wish, Hamilton."

//

With only four races left in the season, you received a call from Angela on a Thursday night.
She was begging for you to take over for her that weekend because of a conflict. The huge commitment caught you off guard and listed every reason you couldn't do it. "I didn't tell my bosses I needed a weekend off." It was a last-minute commitment." "You could never do her job correctly." But for every excuse you gave, Angela had a reply. "You were the first person Lewis asked for when I told him. He doesn't trust anyone easily, but he does with you. Lewis has a chemistry with you that I haven't seen before with anyone. Everyone sees it. Please!" She knew deep down you wanted to do it, but her statement also left you with another question.
Wait, does she mean by "everyone sees the chemistry?" So much was happening you didn't have time to ask.

Her words weren't meant to guilt-trip you; they were simply the truth. As much as you tried to deny it, you knew it was true. "Okay, you win, I'll do it. But someone has to call my boss. I'm not doing it." You told Angela, finally giving it. "You don't have to worry about that. It's already been done," Angela replied with a laugh. These two already had their minds made up that you would agree with and made moves in the background. They knew you so well.