I - THEMOVIES.

OCTOBER

OCTOBER.
HalloweenWeekend. PT.ONE
FRIDAY

HALLOWEEN was always my favorite holiday. Actually— the only holiday I really cared about at all. I hated any holiday that inflicted forced capacity within my family. Ever since my parents split up when I was young, holidays have been the real nightmare.

Halloween— the simplicity of it is what I always loved about it. As I've grown older, halloween has changed. Decorating themed treats with my mom turned into decorating the front lawn with my dad. Carving pumpkins with my older brother, Arden, turned into haunted houses at the fair. Trick-or-treating has turned into parties. But there's one thing that's stayed consistent:

The scary movies.

In fact— movies are what have helped grow closer with those around me. Growing up, movies bonded my relationship with Arden and our dad. Most recently, my dorm roommate, Mindy Meeks-Martin— who was now helping me get ready for OKB's halloween party.

"I look ridiculous," I groaned, my head tilting back in defeat.

"Vida, you look great," Mindy reassured me. "Just relax, it's just a halloween party." I looked over to her. She was on her phone texting with a smile on her face— I assumed she was texting Anika. Though she was distracted, I knew she meant what she said.

I walked towards our vanity mirror and frowned. This year I was going as Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz. My hair was left down, mostly— just a bit of it tied up with a blue ribbon. I borrowed a pair of red canvas shoes from Anika. My dress was a more modernized version of the one worn in the movie.

I know— Dorothy is an overdone costume. Though, I felt that I was being Dorothy for a good reason. I miss home. Sometimes I wish I could click my heels three times and just... be back, but being here at Blackmore was important to me.

"How am I supposed to relax?" I grabbed my makeup bag and began to touch up my eyeliner. "I've been here since summer semester, and I haven't turned the head of any guys. Not that it's the most important thing, but am I really that boring?"

Mindy sighed before throwing her phone onto the bed, and heading towards me, "It's okay, Vi." She began to pat my shoulder, "You're going to have plenty of time, to find many willing guys to hookup with."

I rolled my eyes at the way she was smirking, "Easy for you to say, you have Anika." I closed my eyeliner pen, before crossing my arms. "Besides, I don't want a hookup. I want romance, Mindy. Something meaningful."

Mindy laughed before clapping her hands together, "Shit—" She closed her eyes bringing her hands to her face, "I forget you're like— a huge virgin."