𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

"you sure you wanna do this?" amauri asked, looking at me nervously

"do i want to? of course not. but do i really have a choice?"

he sighed then proceeded to take the cd out of the envelope.

we've held back on watching the cd that came with the documents, not because we didn't want to watch it, but because we couldn't. amauri tried every store around us including target, best buy, micro-center; none having a dvd player. not in stores at least, so we had to order one.

it was delivered today and amauri brought it up on his way back from the shop. he just finished connecting it to our tv, but we've still been hesitant to watch it. me more than him.

"aight" he said before inserting the cd in the dvd plaver

a part of me was wishing he had set it up wrong or it was broken, only so there'd be a legitimate excuse to not watch it.

of course i'm curious to see what it's about, but some shit honestly does not need to be seen. i refuse to be the cat that curiosity killed.

after some moments of buffering it finally began. it started with a man dressed in surgical gear on the screen. you couldn't see his entire face due to him wearing a surgical mask.

"the date is feburary seventeen at approximately nineteen hundred o'clock" he started

his voice didn't sound familiar so it couldn't have been someone from the hospital. at least not someone i knew.

"today we'll be proceeding with the trials of batch two. subject zero-zero-one-three is prepped now and ready for insemination"

he stepped to the side allowing for the full picture to come into view. there i was, laying on the surgical table while a few people also dressed in surgical gear stood around me.

i genuinely couldn't believe my eyes. i'd read about it and seen the pictures, yes. but seeing it on film was confirmation. you can photoshop pictures. and yes you can cgi films too i guess. but there's no denying this happened, because what other explanation is there for how this is possible?

"as with the other subjects, we've taken an artificial egg, neutral of any dna and have combined the dna of both the host parent and the donor parent to fertilize the egg, equally contributing to the fetuses dna set. a process we experimented with in batch one and have since improved. this was done by substituting the use of a female egg for an artificial one. instead of three dna sets like previously, there are now only two"

so there's more of me? there are more male's out there who are pregnant as well?

"due to the unsuccessfulness of subjects one through twelve, we've decided to change the approach this time with subject thirteen"

nevermind then.

"in subjects one through twelve we used a different process of hosting the fetus. we entered it directly into the sigmoid colon. this of course caused significant issues resulting in the termination of all twelve subjects"