Chapter 1 Preview

It was a hot day in the year X777. Damian opened his eyes to the feeling of the hot sun beating down on him, and the birds calling in the forest.

"Oh, geez," he said feeling sore all over.

Damian stood up off the ground and looked around. As he observed his surroundings, he realized he didn't recognize the clearing he was in.

"What happened? The last thing I remember was riding on Mom's back." He started calling out into the sky, trying to find Psydelica. "Mom! Are you there!" But all he heard was the echo of his own voice.

Over and over Damian called out, but he still got nothing. He sat down against a tree and waited to see if Psydelica would come looking for him instead because no matter where he would wander off, she could always sense his location. Obviously Damian wasn't as powerful as her though, so he couldn't sense her from far away.

Hours went by with no sign of anything except birds and the occasional squirrel. As the sun started to go down, Damian began to feel a magical presence. He started to get excited for a moment, but that moment quickly passed as he realized the presence wasn't the same as Psydelica. He stood up and looked where it was coming from to see a woman come from inside the forest wearing a kimono with a flower pattern.

Damian kept his guard up, as she walked closer and closer to him. "Hello, little one. What are you doing way out here?"

She may have looked and sounded human, but Damian could tell something wasn't right. Her aura was saying something else. It felt animal like. He took a few steps back as she kept walking towards him.

"What's the matter? There's nothing to be afraid of."

Even though she seemed convincing, Damian knew what was in front of him. With a glare that could pierce steel, he made a fist and focused his psychic energy in it. "Sorry beast, but I'm not falling for it." His fist began glowing a magenta color and he knew his attack was ready.

"Psychic Dragon Zen Fist!"

With swift movement, Damian's fist hit the woman in the stomach and sent her to the ground. She raised her head with a scowl before jumping into the air. Her body began glowing yellow and changing shape until it took the form of a five-tailed fox. The fox landed and took a battle stance in front of Damian.

"No one has ever figured me out so easily! How'd you do that?"

"I can sense a creatures magic power, and yours didn't feel human. That was how I knew your were in a disguise."

"Clever, but can you stand up to the power you sense?"

Damian smirked as he was ready to fight. "Guess we'll have to find out."

The fox jumped at him and snarled trying to be intimidating, but Damian wasn't fazed. He jumped straight at her and prepared a punch, but he was too slow and the fox but him on the shoulder.

The fox pushed Damian to the ground and stood on top of it's prey. "Not so tough now, dinner."

But Damian couldn't help but laugh. "Dinner huh? That sounds nice. Fox stir fry. Not a bad idea."

The fox started getting angry and tried to bite Damian again, but his body suddenly faded away. "What happened?"

"My illusion dispersed," Damian said from behind the fox. "Too bad. I was enjoying the show of you playing with the fake me."

He was really starting to get under the fox's fur. "You dare!" They jumped at him, but he simply dodged her by stepping to the side.

"You know what. On second thought, Mom says fox meat is really tough."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Reminds me of when I tried alligator. Bleh."

"Grrr."

"Maybe I should try to find some fish in the river I heard. A big salmon sounds nice alright."

"Insolent brat! I've had enough of this foolishness!" The fox said as they were now pissed off. They spread all nine of their tails out and each tip lit on fire, except the fire was blue.

"Oh, some fox fire, eh? Nice. It's really pretty. You should be proud."

"Shut your mouth!" The fire from their tails started shooting towards Damian in rapid succession.

Damian saw the fire and quickly dodged them while slowly making his way towards the fox. Once he had gotten close enough, he put his palms together and prepared his counter attack.

"Psychic Dragon Psyshock!"

He released a ball of psychic energy from his hands straight into the fox's front right leg. Catching them off guard, the fox fell the ground as the felt the pain in their leg.

"You bastard!"

"There's no need for that language. I'm eleven years old." Damian said as he wasn't breaking a sweat.

The fox wrapped all its tails together and formed a hole in the center of them. All the fire from its tails started to combine into one blast.

"Take this!"

They fired a giant orb of blue fire at Damian, but he wasn't concerned as he had another move ready. He inhaled all the air he could while focusing his magic power into his mouth.

"Let's see how you react to this! Psychic Dragon Roar!!"

The roar went straight through the orb of fire and headed right for the fox. As this happened, the fox was scared out of its mind and dropped to the ground. And just before the roar attack hit them, it curved to the right and just grazed them.

The roar had destroyed multiple trees and put holes in multiple rocks. After it was over, the fox was still on the ground in fear. When they finally realized they were okay, they still stayed on the ground as they were looking at Damian.

"Y-Y-You're a m-m-monter."

Damian walked over to them and got down on one knee before he responded. "Am I? Nah, I'm a dragon slayer."

The fox suddenly jumped up in fear before running back into the forest with their tails standing up like lightning bolts.

"See ya later. And I hope you learned your lesson about underestimating people."

Damian giggled at the fox's reaction to his strength before calming down and realizing the sun had just set. "Alright. I should get to building a shelter."

~

Hope you all enjoyed the preview of this new story. The rest of this chapter and two more along with it will be uploaded at once when they are ready.

Also, If anyone has any ideas on how I can improve my writing, or if you see any mistakes, please tell me so that I can fix them.

Shoutouts:

Thank you @EmperorLeonidas and @Zer0-Origin for wanting to help me come up with an original name for this character. It's been a lot more fun than just a reader story.

Thank you @ChronicOnyx @Zer0-Origin for helping me work out some details with how the Psychic element works. I never would've come up with what you guys did. You made this better than I could've dreamed.

And finally, thank you @EmperorLeonidas @Zer0-Origin @ChronicOnyx @SinnamonSymon and @ChristianCalo22 for all of your support as I've been struggling with where I wanted to go with my stories. All of you have made a difference to me.

Thank you all so much.