Chapter 6- Chivalry isn't dead

Sam sat at the foot of Tara's hospital bed, a worried look plastered on her face. "How are you feeling?" She asked softly.
"Every time I get attacked they give me better pain killers, so there's that." Tara smiled. "I'm sorry." Sam apologised.
"For what? You saved my life." Tara frowned at her in confusion. "For not telling you sooner. For being the reason dad left." Sam sighed. "You're not the reason dad left. You didn't choose where you came from or who you came from. I don't blame you for that. I blame you for leaving me too." Tara told her. "And that's never going to happen again." Sam reassured her. "I know." Tara whispered.

"Why did you leave me back then?" Tara asked. "I could've helped." Sam wiped away a stray tear. "I was scared." She answered. "Of what?"
"I was scared that I would turn out just like him. So I ran. To protect you from me." Sam admitted. "Sam, you could never be like him." Tara told her sister. Sam reached out to take her sisters hand. "You are so high right now."
"I am so high right now." Tara confirmed with a laugh. Both sisters let out a laugh at Tara's state. "I love you." Sam smiled.
"I love you too." Tara smiled back.

"So what do we do now?" Tara inquired.
"What no one ever does in these situations; we're gonna get the fuck out of Woodsboro." Sam said confidently.

The two sisters entered the hospital lobby, Richie by Sam's side. Sidney walked over to them. "Samantha?" Sidney spoke up, making the girl turn her head. "It's Sam." She spoke. "I'm-" Sidney started.
"I know who you are. You're probably the most famous name in Woodsboro, plus I used to babysit your daughter." Sam said plainly. "You used to babysit Scarlett?" Sidney raised a brow at her. Sam nodded in answer. "She used to talk about how much she missed you all the time when she was younger, does she know you're here now?" Sam questioned. "I've texted but she hasn't seen it." Sidney said with a shameful nod. Sam just nodded again, clearly wanting to leave as fast as possible.

"Listen, I'm-" Sam started.
"Billy's daughter." Sidney interrupted.
"Errr- I'll bring the car around." Richie mumbled awkwardly, taking Tara with him out to the car. "Yeah, I'm his daughter. I'm sorry if that's weird for you." Sam shrugged. "No, no it's not. I've been through this a lot. You want to talk?" Sidney offered. "I appreciate it and I'm really sorry about Dewey but I'm taking my sister away from all this." Sam stated, strutting out the building.

Sidney followed along with Gale. "I tried running too, it doesn't work, it always follows." Sidney informed her.
"With all due respect, that's your life not mine." Sam huffed. "I'm not so sure about that." Sidney sighed. "What do you want from me, lady?" Sam spun around, a frustration sparking in her eyes. "Hey! Watch your tone new girl. You know how they always say, 'it always goes back to the original?' Here's the original." Gale spoke up, pointing to Sidney at her last comment.

"I want your help. Because you're wrong, this is your life now and whoever this is won't stop coming for you." Sidney explained. "So?" Sam scoffed.
"So, we want your help to kill him." Sidney spoke. "You want my help you and the host of a morning show commit murder?" Sam checked.
"Yeah."
"Correct."
"And I'm what in this scenario? The bait? The helpless victim?" Sam retorted.
"If the show fits." Gale shrugged.
"You're not helpless, Sam. He killed your friend, he killed ours, which means I won't sleep until he's in the ground." Sidney told her. "Look, I'm sorry for what this has done to your lives but I don't care what you, or the killer, or anyone says, this isn't my story." Sam rambled. "Alrightt! Let's get the fuck out of town, huh?" Richie pulled up, honking the car horn.

"Good luck." Sidney said as Sam got into the car. "You too. Oh, and Sidney?" Sam rolled down the window. "Yeah?" Sid frowned. "Please actually try and talk to your daughter, don't leave her behind again." Sam pleaded. "Trust me, I'm not letting her leave her side again. I never should have in the first place." Sid smiled faintly. Sam nodded and the car sped away.

"Well that went horribly." Gale rolled her eyes. "Don't worry I have a plan. That girl seems tough." Sid told her friend, pulling out her phone. "Who gives a shit? He's going to go after her!" Gale exclaimed.
"I put a tracker on her car." Sid told Gale casually. "You did what?"
"It's something you would do."
"I'll take that as a compliment."

"I left a message for mom, I told her where we're going." Sam notified Tara.
"Fuck where is it?" Tara ignored what Sam had said, pawing through her bag instead. "Where's what?" Sam questioned.
"My inhaler! I normally keep and extra one." Tara told her, starting to sound worried. "Should we go back?" Sam suggested. "Woah, woah! I vote for not going back to the murder hospital." Richie spoke. "Should we stop at a pharmacy?" Sam asked her sister. "I would need a prescription but I have an extra one at Amber's, her house is on the way." Tara realised. "No, no, no, no." Richie shook his head. "I'll be in and out!" Tara told him.
"Do you think you could hold out till Modesto?" Sam frowned.
"I don't think so." Tara shook her head, her breathing slightly wheezy.

"Okay, what's the address?" Sam inquired.
"1, 2, no fucking way lane!" Richie cut in.
"Richie! She needs it!" Sam scolded.
"Yeah, and u need to keep all the blood inside my body." Richie huffed.
"Richie, please!" Tara begged.
"Okay, yeah! Fuck what's the address?" The man gave in.

"Keep pouring, Wheeler. Thank you." Chad grumbled as a friend of his poured him a shot. "Jesus Christ, Chad." Scarlett laughed. "Hey! To Wes!" Chad announced. "Beautiful son of a bitch." He mumbled, taking the shot. "Shots really? This is supposed to be a memorial." Amber scolded the teen.
"This is how I mourn. I distract myself from the looming Spector of death!" Chad told her. "Yeah, people deal with grief in mysterious ways, my love." Scarlett agreed, draping her arm over Amber's shoulders. Amber smiled at her and shook her head lightly.

"Hey, we're low on beer." Mindy walked over. "Alright, there's more in the basement, I'll go get some." Amber gently took Scarlett's arm off her and walked off to the basement. Mindy and Scarlett exchanged a suspicious look.

Amber opened the basement door, frustratedly clicking the light back and forth. She sighed at the broken switch and took out her phone, putting on the torch. She descended the stairs and opened the fridge, grabbing a few beers. "What the fuck, guys!" She yelped, jumping as she spotted Mindy and Scarlett behind the fridge door. "That was a test." Mindy told her. "And you failed," Scarlett finished the sentence. "You don't go walking around in your own when there's a masked serial killer around." The brunette added.

"Mindy's the one who said we needed more beer." Amber pointed out. "Yeah, and you should've asked someone to come down here with you." Mindy said matter-of-factly. "You know what else you shouldn't do when there's a masked killer around?" Amber questioned, a smile creeping onto her face. "What?" Mindy sighed.
"Follow someone into a dark, creepy basement." Amber took a step closer to the two girls. "I mean, how do you know I'm not the killer?" Amber smirked. "Because me and Scarlett are the killers." Mindy smiled back at her. Amber's smile dropped and she stepped away from her friend and girlfriend.

"Kiddingggg." Scarlett laughed. "Right?" She stepped away from Mindy.
"Yes, kidding. But let that be a lesson, don't trust anyone! Not your friends and definitely not the love interest." Mindy confirmed. "So how can I trust you two when you say you're not the killers?" Amber frowned. "Good job, babe, you're getting it." Scarlett clapped her hands together. "Now let's go back upstairs." Mindy nodded her head towards the steps. "You first." Amber said, stopping at the bottom step. "Very good!" Mindy smiled, heading up the stairs. "Guess chivalry isn't dead." Scarlett smirked. Amber rolled her eyes playfully and the three teens went back up to the party.