Chapter 42

OBELIA'S ROSE, CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO, BY VIICERENE.

I worriedly glanced at the magician next to me, "What do you mean?" I questioned, eyeing my father carefully. "His magic is a mess!" Lucas exclaimed, taking an even closer look at my father. I grabbed his hair, playing with it in my hands.

"This isn't simple memory loss, Princess." He said, pointing at my father and somehow forming a ball of magic. With a flash, father frowned but his complexion seemed much better.

It almost seemed like he was perfectly healthy - he looked like he didn't skip a single meal at all. But then, Lucas's magic cracked. It sounded like wires being disconnected. Creating a spark which earned a shocked expression from Lucas.

What was that? Why did it spark? Did his magic fail? Did he not fix him? I looked at Lucas, raising an eyebrow.

He smirked, "Your magic is a lot str- uh, more sensitive than I thought, huh?" Yeah, I will admit that my magic has become a lot more evident and stronger when he was away. "I"ve healed his body, but can't recover his memories."

I tilted my head. He's the most talented magician, and can't even heal my own father... but atleast he tried, right? 

Looking down, "Why, even you can't do it." I frowned. I'll go extreme lengths just to save him. To retrieve his memories with Athanasia and I. But, I could've sworn that most of it was gone before I left the palace.

Lucas had his mouth agape, shook. "To clarify.." He slowly said, looking back at me. "This is a curse."

Oh, I know. I've read about this before. This curse - a punishment for those who dare to use dark magic. What is this? "So you're basically saying that my father used black magic?" I asked. He took a step back from my father. 

"You said that he completely forgot about you and Princess Athanasia?" I nodded. 
"And you said that he wants to kill you whenever he sees you." I nodded once again.

"And for some reason, he keeps that chimera by his side." He said. As much as I would like to call her Jennette Margarita, she will be adressed as chimera today.

She's my cousin, and my family, but she poses as a threat. "The reason I'm asking you is because the magic that the chimera exudes is..." What? Jennette has Magic? He looked unamusedly at me. 

He looked like he was going to laugh at me. "Every human bears magic. The only difference is if they could use it or not."

"Anyway, her magic acts as a stabilizer." He said. She's expressing her desire to be loved by my father. She doesn't know that her father is my uncle. The former Emperor of Obelia. As in the former Emperor that Daddy killed.

What does he mean.. "A stabilizer?" I questioned. The magician let out a sigh, probably tired from his little journey to the World Tree.

"I just got back, I'm tired. Can't we go to another place to talk? Where it's comfy.." He said. I smiled, jumping up. "Then let's go to my room!" I smiled.

--- SKIP

"Simply put, your dad used black magic." Lucas said, taking a bite into a cracker. Gripping my blue dress tightly, I could see my knuckled turn white. "Why would he?" I stood up from my seat, pacing around the room.

I'm sick of this, first Jennette, next daddy, what's next? Athanasia? He shook his head," I don't know." He said.

He thought deeply for a second, "But it looks like he used it a long time ago." He said. Glancing at me, eyeing me from head to toe. "Do you have any idea of what could have happened?" He asked.

"N-no, I don't." I said, stuttering. My mind lingered to the time daddy said that he didn't have me or Athanasia yet, which would probably be fifteen years ago.