2.12

♛

We had arrived at the foot of the Lab building, where not a single light was on... it was completely dark. It looked so abandoned. All the windows not allowing a single light through, which is so weird because the Lab is always lit up.

As I take a look around the place, I notice an old, almost broke down car pull up by a closed gate. I spot Jonathan and Nancy together in the car. What the hell are they doing here? The two jump out of their parked car and rush over to us, bombarding us with questions.

They stare at Steve and I with the kids, who also stare back at them. Nancy's eyes briefly look down at Steve and I's intertwined hands. I squint my eyes at her, she broke up with him. She doesn't deserve to look or judge.

"What're you doing here?" Steve asks the two.

"We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy answers.

"They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks, eyeing out the Lab, horror laced in his tone.

"We're not sure..." Nancy answers, weirded out from Dustin's tone.

"Why?" Jonathan demands as he stares down to Dustin.

A Demogorgon unexpectedly shrieks from inside the Lab, causing all 8 of us to freeze and stare at the place in fear.

"What happened to you?" Nancy's mouth dropped as she points to my arm to the blood stained around my wound, as well as my top.

"There's like, no time for us to go in depth. But, I got hurt." I respond to the girl. Nancy eyes me out and I roll my eyes at her. Jonathan notices my response and takes a weird stance, like leaning towards her but at the same time he doesn't want to look like he's trying so hard to touch her.

Weird...

Nancy clears her throat and Jonathan moves slightly back away from her. I squint my eyes at the two, immediately realising the two have definitely fucked.

Welp, she doesn't waste time. How has she even had the time? I've been trying to get with Steve this whole moment. Does she... have more game than me? Ew, no.

"Hey, isn't Andy with Mike and Will?" Jenny asks, mainly to me and I nod my head, remembering Andy wanted to hang out with Will, so my guess is that he did.

"Yeah, so does that mean he is also potentially in the lab?" I mumble to Jenny and she gives a small shrug, holding onto my spare hand and giving me a light squeeze. I squeeze her small hand back.

"The power's back." Nancy's annoying little voice announces away from the group, pointing out to the building. The windows displaying it's bright lights.

"The gate! We can get it to open!" Dustin nods his head to the empty security box that controls the gate closing off the Lab. We all rush over to the security box, with Jonathan being the first inside. He presses a button to get the gate open and we all look at it but the gate doesn't move from its shut position.