xvii. roger taylor

You were a single mother and worked for Queen's recording company

You were a single mother and worked for Queen's recording company. One day, you had unknowingly left your son in a recording booth and after realising a couple of minutes later, you rushed back, only to see Roger looking after him, teaching him how to drum.

Blushing with a smile, you stood in the doorway, watching the two of them for a while. Roger had always been a flirt with you, but you never knew he had such a soft side as this.

Your son looked up and saw you standing there, leaping towards you and pulling you into a hug. "Mummy, mummy! Roger's been teaching me how to play the drums."

You grinned and looked at the drummer. "Has he really?" Looking back at your son, you added, "Do you want to meet me in the car and we can go out for food tonight?"

Giddily, he took the car keys and left, leaving just you and Roger. He was still sat at the drums and you came and sat next to him, on the seat your son had been at, a few seconds prior. You rested your head on his shoulder and to your surprise he placed a kiss on your neck.

Looking up at him, you said, "Thank you for looking after him. That was really sweet of you."

Roger took your hand and pressed a kiss against the knuckle of your ring finger. He smirked at you flirtatiously. "Well, I figured if we're going to get married soon, I need to practise my fathering skills."