Chapter II

Finally we will have chapter II. Hopefully somebody reads it in the end. And will say what they think about it.

----Sasha's POV----

Stepping away from him, I noticed it was the new guy from school. I wondered what he was doing in my kitchen since I thought he would have gone home by now. As I tried to walk past him, he kept walking in the same direction as me. I crossed my arms, irritated by his audacity. He was really getting on my nerves, and unfortunately, I did not have a pen and paper with me. Whispering was not part of my plan.

"Are they your siblings? I've never seen you eat dinner with them. Why not?" he asked me. I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to talk about it. My stomach grumbled—of course it was empty; the only thing I'd eaten today was a damn apple this morning. I took a deep breath and nodded. There was no way I could explain this to him..

"Why are you taking so long to get the water?" I heard one of my brothers ask. I sighed and walked past him towards the fridge. "Oh, that freak is here again," I heard my brother say. I took a deep breath and tried not to cry. It hurt to hear my own brother say that, more than anything.

"Isn't she your sister?" I heard a new guy ask.

"Well, she is, but nobody cares about her since she doesn't speak," I heard my brother say. "We even think she's deaf," he added.

I slammed the fridge shut after taking out the leftover pasta. I stared at my brother and sighed. I took the bowl of pasta and stole a fork, then walked past my brother, glaring at him.

The new guy said, "I think she can hear." I turned around and gave him a thumbs up with my fork hand. I really wanted to tell him I could hear him, but I didn't see the point. I just walked into my room in the attic. Once I was there, I closed my door. Yes, I had managed to put a lock on it myself. I did own a phone; it was one of those old, simple flip phones - definitely not a smartphone. I got it from our neighbor, who was kind enough to get one for me. She's the only person who knows I can speak, but she's been away with her daughter in another town for a few weeks now. She's the only person who seems willing to deal with me.

As I was peacefully eating my pasta, I found myself yearning for some music. Unfortunately, I didn't own a laptop and couldn't afford one. My parents neglected me, so asking them for help was pointless. They consistently disregarded my needs and ignored me for years. I had to take care of myself, even making my own clothes. I acquired the fabrics from a nearby shop that kindly provided them for free. They even gifted me their old sewing machine after noticing my interest in it. Since they were aware of my circumstances, the shop lady, who lived across from me, recommended me to the shop owner.

Most people in town are aware.

Anyway, I finished eating and then went to sleep. I hope tomorrow will be a better day. However, this was only a hopeful thought, as my life never seemed to change, but I felt like it would.

---------------------------

I hope you guys enjoy the story. If you do please let me know. 

Also critics are okay.

Kriss