1. Cody Rhodes - I'm Not Afraid To Get Hurt

"Get out here and leave me alone!", he yelled at Adam Pearce before closing the door behind him.

You stood there and watched the whole scenario. You sigh. Adam Pearce stands there. Speechless. He wants to get in there again to talk to Cody about Saturday. However, you stop him.

"Let me do it.", you assure Adam.

He hesitantly nods. You knock on the door. Nothing. Without waiting any longer you open the door and get in there. The first thing you see is Cody who sat on a bench in front of his ring gear. His face was hidden in his hand. The hurt arm was pressed close to his ribcage.

You walk up to him and take a seat next to him. Without any hesitation, you lay an arm around him and rub his back.

"Hey. It's me.", you say in a calm tone.

Cody looks up, "Leave me alone.", his voice was already so much softer than before.

"No. Cody. You shouldn't compete on Saturday. Please. Listen to your body."

He doesn't even dare to look at you, "I have to. I have to do it. For dad..", he mumbled the last two words.

You sigh again and place a kiss on his forehead.

"Cody. You already showed everyone that nothing can stop you from competing. You showed it to everyone already. Please. Don't do it again. It will make everything worse."

"Y/N. I can't cancel the match."

"Why not? It's a good reason. Brock broke your arm."

"We don't even know for sure if it's broken."

"It doesn't matter. He hurt you. You haven't been able to do anything with your arm. I don't think everything will be fine again on Saturday."

He doesn't answer anymore. Instead, he lays his head on your shoulder. You take his hand.

"Look. It's not like I don't want you to show the world what you're capable of. I just don't want you to get hurt even more. You don't need another surgery.."

"It won't end with surgery."

"You can't promise this. Cody. Anything can happen. It's a match against Brock fucking Lesnar. The Beast incarnate. I-"

"I'll do my best."

You sigh, "I can't change your mind. Can I?"

He shakes his head.

"Well. You're a grown man. I can't tell you what to do and what not to do. So, do what you think is the best decision.", you kiss his head again, "Just take care of yourself. I want to have you by my side a bit longer."

He smiles weakly and nods. Suddenly a knock on the door can be heard.

Cody sits up, "What do you want?", he asks annoyed.

The door opens and Triple H comes in with a cameraman.

"Can we talk, Cody?", he asks.

You move away from Cody and Hunter sits down next to Cody.

"Look, Cody. I know. You're angry. And I understand you. But you need to get medical attention."

"No. No, I don't.", Cody looks away from Hunter.

"I can tell you, your arm is broken. And I can also tell that you're afraid."

You can tell Cody slowly starts to get angry. He stands up, accidentally pushing something off the bench.

"I'm not afraid. There's nothing I have to be afraid of.", he says, trying to hide his anger behind a, at least halfway, calm tone.

Hunter ignores Cody's anger, "You need to see a doctor. If he says you're not clear you won't be able to compete at Night Of Champions.", Cody just got even angrier.

When the camera pointed to Hunter you sneaked a bit closer to Cody and took his hand, trying to cool him down a bit. He turns around slightly to look at you. You gave him a reassuring smile. After a quick kiss on his hand, you move away again.

"I never questioned even a second if you're tough. Remember the last year? The year when you were injured."

"I remember how miserable I felt. I remember how horrible it was. But you know what would be even worse? It would be even worse if I'd come back to RAW. If I were a coward and wouldn't fight. Of all people, you should know best. I am going to be at Night Of Champions. And I'm going to compete against Brock Lesnar."

He walks past the camera and leaves the locker room. You cross your arms and watch him leave. The camera gets a close-up of Hunter who looked pretty worried. The cameraman stops recording and you pack Cody's things. You take his bag before saying goodbye to Hunter and looking for Cody.

Before walking out of the building you get another icebag for Cody. You walk out of the building and quickly find him sitting on the ground leaning against a tree near the arena. With a small smile starting to form on your face, you walk up to him.

"Catch.", you throw the ice bag to Cody.

He catches it with his not-hurt hand.

"Let's get to the hotel.", you offer him a hand to get up.

He accepts it. Together you walk to your rental car and drive to your hotel room.

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: First chapter! I hope you liked it. I have to admit, I wrote this chapter when I was tired and I didn't follow the actual events 100%. I changed things a bit and maybe even Cody's personality. It's my first time writing something about Cody Rhodes. I still hope you enjoyed it, understood everything, and liked it.

The author's note with some facts about the book will (probably) be uploaded tomorrow.