𝒾𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Jackie Rockwell grew up in Woodsboro, the town of mass murders and serial killers. While everyone's life was being ruined the 90s, Jackie's life was just starting. Her parents decided to have as many kids until the age of 30, where eventually divorced leaving the kids to choose sides. Jackie bounced back between her parents houses throughout school. While constantly arguing with her mother about the boyfriends she brings home, to the constant verbal abuse she gets from her father, Jackie has a normal life. The middle child of thirteen kids was chaotic and lonely as you could imagine. Jackie never was close with any of her siblings, yet she always had someone to call a friend since elementary school.

Sam Carpenter met Jackie in the 4th grade, where she punched a boy for picking on Jackie on the playground. Sam was always a strong person, and Jackie loved that about her. They became close friends after that, never separating for too long. Sleepovers were a common occurrence during their friendship, always at Sam's house, for Jackie never liked staying at either of her parents house.

"Knock Knock."Sixteen year old Jackie smiled sitting outside of Sam bedroom window. Sixteen year old Sam giggled jumping off her bed, opening the window to let her inside.

"Did your mom catch you?" Sam asked when Jackie set her stuff down.

"I'm here aren't I?" Jackie shrugged before hopping onto the bed.

"She didn't say anything?" Sam frowned.

"Just the usual, couple curses and degrading." Jackie sighed before patting the spot next to her.

"I heard, that Jacob asked you out this Friday?" Jackie raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"Don't even, Jack." Sam huffed laying down on the bed.

"Why not? he's not ugly." Jackie giggled but Sam's expression didn't change. "What's wrong?"

"You'll laugh." Sam rolled her eyes.

"I'd never make fun for you." Jackie smiled laying down beside her.

"It's just-...I've," Sam turned on her side facing Jackie with an shy expression. "I've never kissed anyone." Jackie didn't say anything for a moment, making Sam worried of her response.

"Nevermind it's dumb-"

"Do you want to kiss someone?" Jackie asked genuinely and Sam paused.

"Well, yeah." Sam slowly nodded.

"Do you want me to teach you?" Jackie offered. "You know, so you get experience." Jackie added staring into her eyes.

"I mean, doesn't sound like a bad idea." Sam whispered.

"Alright," Jackie pulled them up to a sitting position. "First thing, is timing. Knowing when the moment is right."

"Okay." Sam nodded unsure.

"When is it right, you look them right in the eye." Jackie focused her eyes on Sam.

"Lean in slowly."

Jackie and Sam both simultaneously leaned forward.

"Close your eye when contact,"

Sam's eyes fluttered close when they foreheads touched.

"And then press your lips gently against theirs."

Jackie kept her eyes open, not making to first to move to making sure Sam didn't feel uncomfortable. Though Sam must have got impatient, because she quickly closed the gap between them, soft lips pressing against each other's. Jackie let Sam take the lead as they slowly moved their lips together, finding a nice rhythm.

When the two girls pulled away, no words were really spoken. They sat there for a couple seconds, both having different thoughts.

"That wasn't bad." Jackie broke the silence and Sam nodded.

"Yeah, no so bad." Sam looked down at her hands.

"Now you'll be ready for your date Friday." Jackie patted her shoulder before grabbing the remote to Sam's tv, turning on to what channel and not looking at Sam.

"Right." Sam frowned and the rest of the night was filled with the sounds from the tv, neither girls said another word. Jackie left the next morning before Sam was awake, disregarding their ritual of walking to school together.

The next two days were awkward for both girls, not knowing how to speak to each other. Jackie hesitated climbing up to Sam's window the day after, feeling the shift in their friendship Sam sat on her bed watching the window, waiting for her favorite person to pop up. Friday, Jackie was at her father's house sitting in her room. She knew that Sam was currently on her date, kissing that boy. Around midnight, there was a knock on her bedroom window. Confused, Jackie opened her window not seeing anything. It wasn't until she looked down to see Sam standing there with little pebbles in her hand.

"Sam?" Jackie whispered.

"Can we talk?" Sam slightly shouted and Jackie sighed before nodding. She closed her window and grabbed her jacket with some slippers. Jackie snuck out through the back door quietly before walking around the house to where Sam was standing.

"What is it?" Jackie asked hugging herself to keep warmth.

"I don't like how we're acting." Sam stated.

"I don't know what you mean." Jackie frowned and Sam sighed running her hand through her hair.

"I went out with that Jacob boy tonight." Sam nodded.

"I know." Jackie whispered glaring at the ground.

"It was going fine," Sam trailed. "But there was one problem."

"What?" Jackie rolled her eyes.

"He kissed me." Sam said.

"Was it bad?" Jackie chuckled.

"Yes, it was bad." Sam paused taking a step closer. "It was bad because it wasn't you. He didn't kiss me, the way you kissed me."

"Well yeah boys are more ruff than girls-"

"No your not understanding." Sam took Jackie hands into hers. "I didn't want him kissing me in that moment, I wanted you because all I could think about was your lips against mine and how soft-"

Jackie was the impatient one this time, for she couldn't wait for Sam to finish talking and instead grabbed her face and pressed her lips against hers. While Sam was shocked, she reciprocated immediately and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"It's about time." Jackie muttered against her lips and Sam smiled before pressing her lips harder against hers.

The two girls moved into the house and to Jackie's room. They rest of the night was filled with kisses, cuddles, and smiles from each other. No one suspected anything romantic between the two of them, for everyone thought they were just best friends. Behind closed doors, Jackie and Sam fell in love and were happy. Then the honeymoon phase ends, and their relationship starts to go down a different path that could end it all.