Chapter 3

____________________________________________________

"Christan..."

The only word I utter as I hear the sudden racing of my heart that seems to cause my ears an instant deafness...

I can still hear my heart racing. And I am a bit bothered that even if we are two feet apart, its loudness could still reach you.

Ten years did well to you I must say. Gone were the days of your boyish image you used to be when we were freshman. You are too far from being one, I can see that. You look too.. manly.

And... taller.

I cannot even envisage that few more inches would still be added to your height. You are now a towering 5'11", broad-shouldered, chiseled cheeks and your perfectly symmetrical nose that all adds masculinity to your stride. I can still remember your slightly full lips. The one that could give a cute little smirk at the corners. And I notice that you aren't in your clean cut hair that you used to wear. Why, they are now a bit long... and wavy?

You give me a twitching smile when you notice how I subtly examine you.

And I just feel the abrupt hotness of my face as I divert my gaze to the beauty magazine that I almost forgot.

Gladly it did not fall off my hands, Jesus.

I know that you recognize me as much as I do.

And I don't know why I couldn't stand your deep stares.

But there is something about you that feels so wrong.

Deep cold stares?

For a moment I thought I saw longing.

For a moment I thought I saw sadness.

For a moment I thought I saw pain.

For a moment.

And then it was gone.

Or am I just imagining things?

Again?

"Ma'am, the Dean is now available," the secretary says and I am relieve to hear her voice breaks in.

I realize that I am nearly out of breath for holding it too long and almost get startled when I hear his deep masculine voice.

"I'll wait for you outside," he said, expressionless.

How the hell could he do that?

I couldn't believe it is too easy for him to pretend as if nothing happened.