CHAPTER FOUR

Saturday 8th April 2017

Sienna POV

'Come on, S, you've had what, 3 dates with Lando now and you're still trying to tell us that nothing has happened between you two....yeah right' she scoffed.

The she in question is one of my best friends, Talia. She and our 2 other best friends Paige and Kat are currently making a complete mess of my bedroom, trying on outfits as we're going clubbing later tonight and using the opportunity to grill me on Lando.

'They weren't dates! We're just friends so, no, nothing has happened. I told you, I'm not dating a driver again. I don't need that drama and heartbreak in my life. No matter how cute he is, the amount of butterflies I get in my stomach when I'm with him or the fact I can't stop thinking about him'

'Ah so it's not a matter of not wanting something to happen' Paige stated, twirling around in a dress she'd found at the back of my wardrobe. 'It's that you're scared he'll be just like Pierre. What if he's not, babe, we see how you talk about him. You might be closing yourself off from the best thing that's ever happened to you'

I sigh, these three girls know me better than anyone, better than I know myself sometimes. We've been as thick as thieves ever since we were 8 years old when Kat was being picked on by a boy in our class, he kept pulling her pigtails. The rest of us stood up for her and Talia even went so far as to punch Billy on the nose. The teachers started calling us the four musketeers after that. I laughed remembering all the things we've gotten up to over the years.

'What are you laughing at, S?

'I was just remembering all the shit we've got into... you know I love you guys right? You pulled me through that dark period with Pierre. I don't think I would have made it out the other side without all of you. And maybe Lando isn't like that and so far he's been nothing but sweet to me but drivers are selfish and arrogant by design, they have to be to make it to the top of their game.'

'Sounds to me like we need to drink and dance the night away tonight to forget about racing drivers altogether! Who knows, maybe we'll all pull tonight. Shall we start the party early?' Kat asked whilst pulling a flask out of her bag and passing it around.

Urgh, I grimaced, as the clear liquid flowed down my throat. I hate vodka.

Lando POV

'So you've made no headway with her yet? She's still keeping you firmly in the friendzone is she? My best friend Max asked. I'd been filling him in on our dates that weren't dates.

'Yep, I have been very firmly friendzoned. She had her heart broken last year by a driver and it's put her off completely. Urgh who is this guy that ruined it for me?' I sighed in frustration whilst running my hand through my hair. My curls were getting a little bit out of control, I really could do with getting a haircut before Silverstone next week.

'I presume you've checked her Instagram account for any pictures of the two of them together' Max asked

'Yep, she's scrubbed it clean of any mention of him'

'Ok, lets go back to the beginning. What exactly has she told you about him?' Max was going all detective on me now.

'Urm... shit.... Max... you know my memory is terrible!'

He laughed. 'Yes mate, yes I do. But come on, you must have remembered something'

'Ok, so she said she was 16 when they got together, he was a friend of her cousin, Olivers, they used to race against each other.'

'Well we can start with Oliver then, I'll google him and see what I come up with'

I peer over Max's shoulder whilst he enters Oliver Rowland into google.

'Hey, he has a Formula E profile page. Lets take a look at that. There's a bio section here look' Max pointed at the screen in front of us. 'So he was in Formula Renault 3.5 in 2013 and won that in 2015, that's the year before the year we need right?' he questioned.

'Urm... yeah.. that's right' I squinted at the screen to read what it said next.

'So he made his debut in GP2 in 2015 as well and competed again in 2016 and will do so again this year, whilst also being development driver for the Renault F1 team' Max finished reading 'so he was racing in GP2 in 2016, that's where we need to start. We need to look at who he was racing against'

'I remember something else... Sienna said he was two and a half years older than she is. She's a year older than me so the guy we're looking for was born in early 1996' 

'Oh ok, that's good. We can work with that. Let's take a look.' Max pulled up the roster for the GP2 2016 season.

As we worked our way down the list we were left with 1 name.

'Shit' I exclaimed. 'It's Pierre, fucking, Gasly'