My Bio

MENTOR BIO

Hello, I'm Morgan Rider aka buzzmama on Wattpad. I'm a former Wattpad Star (RIP). Some of you may know my Lexi's Undoing series from my  neverfakeit profile.

 Some of you may know my Lexi's Undoing series from my  neverfakeit profile

Here's a little bit about me as a writer and a mentor.

I didn't start writing fiction until later on. So I am proof that you don't have to come out of the womb with a pen in your hand to make a career of it. After outgrowing my critique group, I joined Wattpad in 2013 to get feedback from a larger audience, and I never looked back. My Las Vegas mob story, Neon Girl, won a 2015 Wattys award and is now on Yonder. In 2017, I became a Wattpad Star, and shortly after this, my new adult romance, Lexi's Undoing, was published by Hachette Audiobooks.

I love Wattpad and what it stands for. I am proud to have served the Wattpad community as an Engagement Ambassador since 2018, and I helped to start the Bootcamp Mentors program in 2020. I have also contributed to the community as a moderator for their writing panels.

When I am not doing a million other things, I am also an editor, and I use my editor's eye when I mentor. But don't let that scare you. I have the soul of a writer who appreciates the art form. I enjoy crafting sentences based on cadence and rhythm so they flow seamlessly inside a reader's head, like a well-written song. And, as you'll see next, I'm a pretty cool gal.

 And, as you'll see next, I'm a pretty cool gal

Okay, enough of the technical stuff. Here's me as a human.

I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada by musicians, so I got to meet celebrities backstage and drink all the Shirley Temples I wanted. My younger brother, the dear, liked to play with matches and run naked through the neighborhood. Irreverent humor also ran rampant, so I turned out okay. I even ended up raising four kids of my own. So maybe scratch that previous remark about turning out okay.

I love music and there's always a song playing in my home, my car, and even in my dreams. My favorite genres are alt rock, classic rock, hard rock, 80's (represent!), house, and jazz (although I'm very particular about my jazz). Please don't play country twang or opera around me, thanks. If I had to pick my two fav groups, like if a gun was held to my head and I had to choose, it would be Steely Dan and Linkin Park (rest gently, Chester).

Favorite books include the Harry Potter series (duh), Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan series, Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, and The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I love me some fantasy. The last story I read is Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo, which I really enjoyed.

Favorite movies are Coneheads, Elf, Jim Carrey's Grinch, Ratatouille, and The Hobbit.

Favorite TV shows are Blacklist, Chuck, Big Bang Theory, Stranger Things, Fringe, Madam Secretary, and Anthony Bourdain's travel shows (I will always be in mourning).

Hufflepuff / Taurus with double Leo / INFJ-Advocate / Enneagram Type 6-The Loyalist

Scroll to the next chapter to see my reading wish list