14

Nobody

"You're gonna have to talk to Dmo at some time, you know that right? You can't just ignore him forever Riah'."

LaMelo told Mariah as the two of them stood at her locker. It'd been three weeks since her fight with Darren at Arco Arena. Neither of them had uttered a word to each other since. They were both standing their ground, and it was becoming annoying to the Ball family members.

Mariah- I can, and I will. Now can we please change the subject?

He was watching her put the books she didn't need for the weekend in her locker and make sure her hair was okay.

Melo- Alright fine. What do you think my dad wants you over for?

After school Mariah was supposed to go over to Lavar and Tina's because apparently they had to tell her as well as Melo and Gelo something.

Mariah- We probably got caught doing something we shouldn't be doing.

The young blonde's face twisted up into one of horror. He could only imagine what his mother had seen him doing with Mariah.

Melo- But we don't do anything at my house for that exact reason.

Mariah- Then I have no idea.

She shut her locker door and the two of them begun walking hand in hand to the senior parking lot where Zo's car was parked.

Denise- Why's she here?

It was commonly known that Denise hated Mariah with everything in her. Back in the day she tried to give her a chance, but Mariah was just mean to her for what Denise swears up and down is for "no reason."

Mariah- Why are you here? You already graduated. Don't you have college classes?

Mariah

"I'm dropping her and Izzy off at the mall, so you're gonna have to deal with both of them in the car Mari."

There's no way this man just told me I have to willingly ride in a car with Dennis and Grizzly.

Mariah- Denise is grown. She literally has her own car. Why do you drive her everywhere?

Denise- It's what boyfriends do. You're not old enough to understand it yet.

Mariah- I bet I'm old enough to shove my foot up your ass.

Before I could do anything, Melo's strong ass pulled me into the car and closed the door. When did this nigga even get inside? And why was it decided that I was the one sitting on laps?

Melo- Why is violence always your first option?

Mariah- So you want me to be a tree hugging hippy who's happy all the time?

Melo- No. But it wouldn't kill you to be nicer.

Nobody

The whole way to the Ball house, Mariah sat in Melo's lap pissed off. After Izzy and Denise left he wouldn't let her switch to the middle seat. To make matters worse, when they got there Darren was already there.