Ch. 2 The Boy in the Iceberg

It has been six years since the Fire Nation destroyed the Southern Water Tribe, and many lives were lost, including Kairi's Mother, Kya. Kairi was able to recover from her injury. However, a burning scar on her right leg reminded her of what had happened that horrific day.

Even though Kairi was scared that she couldn't walk properly because of her injury, she could walk normally with sheer determination and encouraging help from Kanna, Hakoda, and Sokka.

After burying those who lost their lives that day, Hakoda, Bato, and all the men rebuilt the Village with the women and children helping them by serving them food.

Despite the Southern Water Tribe losing its former beauty, everyone was able to make their homes liveable again.

Once the tension had left, with Hakoda and Kanna's guidance, Kairi and Katara could water bend peacefully. And with Kanna's careful eye, Kairi could air bend in secret.

Sadly, Kairi, Sokka, and Katara had to watch Hakoda and the men of their Tribe leave home to fight alongside the Earth Kingdom and the Northern Water Tribe to defeat the Fire Nation and stop this Hundred-Year War that has been occurring since Avatar Roku's time.

Sokka, at age fourteen, wanted to help Hakoda and the men fight in this war. But, Hakoda was against it, telling his eldest son that he needed someone to look after the Southern Water Tribe while he was away.

Before Hakoda left, a fourteen-year-old Kairi told her father that she promised to help Sokka look after the Southern Water Tribe, which made him proud.

Hakoda and Kairi shared a hug. She then watched him get on the boat with Bato and other men of their Tribe and saw the ship sail away.

It is a beautiful morning at the Southern Water Tribe. A sixteen-year-old Kairi stood on the spot where she last saw Hakoda and the men of their Tribe. Her right hand lightly rubs the necklace that used to belong to her Mother.

 Her right hand lightly rubs the necklace that used to belong to her Mother

" Kairi!" A masculine voice grabbed Kairi's attention.

Kairi turned around, and her blue-grey eyes blinked when she saw her older twin brother, sixteen-year-old Sokka, approach her.

" Hey, Sokka. What's up?" Kairi smiled.

" Katara and I are going fishing. Want to come?" Sokka asked.

Kairi raised an eyebrow, which caused Sokka to look at her with a confused expression.

" What?" Sokka raised an eyebrow.

" I'm surprised that Katara is willing to go fishing with you. You know she finds fishing boring," Kairi responded.

" Gran Gran insisted. She also told me to come get you so you can tag along with us," Sokka smiled.

" Sure. I got nothing to do since I had already finished my daily chores," Kairi smiled.

" Great! Let's go. I left Katara with the canoe and fishing supplies," Sokka turns and begins to walk with Kairi following him.