𝟏𝟏.

Another school day unfolded, and Seojun's helmet was conspicuously absent once again

Another school day unfolded, and Seojun's helmet was conspicuously absent once again. Jangmi had hoped that her mother had resolved the issue, only to be confronted with disappointing news. The studio's demanding schedule compelled her mother to schedule an appointment to retrieve the helmet. Since a new director had taken over a few months after her father's passing, there was a noticeable decrease in leniency for the Choi family despite lingering sympathy.

To navigate this predicament, Jangmi resorted to a temporary solution – drafting a note to explain the situation to Seojun. She believed this would avert potential confrontations and spare her from Seojun's notorious temper. Clutching the note, she approached Seojun and his friends with hesitation, just outside the entrance of Saebom High.

He turned to gaze at her, his eyes narrowing suspiciously. "There's no way you folded up my helmet and brought it in your pocket."

Jangmi took a deep breath, summoning every ounce of confidence within her. "There's no way I could say this out loud, so," she swiftly slipped the note into the front pocket of his blazer, "I'm going to run away, and then you read it. Okay? Bye!"

Jangmi dashed away, leaving Seojun's friends to tease him playfully. They triumphantly speculated about a confession letter, though Seojun sensed it was something different. Nonetheless, he confidently flipped his hair as he prepared to read the note, which revealed:

Han Seojun,

Remember that time I helped pull a splinter out of your foot? Or when I brought you ice cream every day for a week when you were sick?

Try to remember that when reading this. Maybe don't if it'll make you more mad.

My mother assumed your helmet was an old prop of my father's, so she gave it to his old studio without telling me. I sincerely apologize. We are doing whatever we can to get it back to you immediately. Once we have it back, I'll return it to you.

Please try to be understanding. Next time, don't throw your things at me.

— Choi Jangmi

As the boy absorbed each word, his body quivered with anger. He folded the letter and forcefully stashed it into his pocket, opting for silence. The idea of discarding it never crossed his mind, even though prolonged scrutiny would only fuel his rage.

"Hey, what did she write?" Chorong asked eagerly. "Let me read this confession letter."

Seojun swatted his hand away. "Hey, what's there to read? It's obvious."

"Why? I've never received one since I was born. Let me see it just once." Chorong clung to Seojun's arm, only to be rebuffed again.

"Forget it."