Chapter 14: Is there light?

Broken Angel is asleep in her room, in her mind, she is talking to Ki. "Why are you still here! I killed you!" Angel says, "You can not truly kill me, even with Shadow Magic as powerful as Raeven herself can lock me away!" Ki replies. "NO!" Angel shouts before waking up, sweating. She goes out into the throne room, seeing Raeven and Death Wing talking. "Mistress, Broken Angel might be a hazard, her original self is still in her, she can't be trusted." Death Wing says, "Don't worry my love, I can deal with her later." Raeven replies/ Angel after hearing this, goes back to her room but was stopped by Shadow Knight. "Why do you think you are going?" He says with his sword to her neck. Shadow Knight pushes Angel to the throne room, "Raeven, Broken Angel was eavesdropping on your conversation." He says, "Tsk tsk, you should know to never eavesdrop on me." Raeven says before looking at Death Wing and points at Broken Angel, Death Wing nods.

Broken Angel tries to get out of her restraints but it was too late, Death Wing uses the power that Raeven had given him and rips out Angel Ki from her. Ki wakes up in a cell, "Oh right, Death Wing ripped me out of Angel. And now I fear for the worst, without my humanity in her, shes gonna get worse over time." Ki whispers to herself. The doors open, Raeven walks in. "Ki, Ki, Ki... you are such a pain in my ass you know that right? You and your, Humanity." Raeven says with her sword at Ki's neck. But before she could swing her sword, Ki falls through a portal behind her.

Ki wakes up, in front of her is Ray Hindo and Rae Versia. Ki looks at Rae scared, "Raeven?! Please no.." Ki says, "Wow, don't worry, I'm not my doppelganger." Rae says, Ki looks confused, "Doppelganger? What do you mean by that?" Ki asks, "Well I am not of this world, no time to explain, we should get out of here." Rae says as she lifts Ki up from the ground before they run away from the walls of Raeven's base. But before they could move, they get surrounded by Shadow Knight, Shadow Shogun, Death Wing, Broken Angel and Raeven, along side an army of Shadows. "Surrender now, and we won't hurt you." Broken Angel says, with Rae replying with, "Oh, not a chance. I'm going to have fun with this." as she transforms into Sakura Oni, Ray turns into Phoenix Garo. 

As a fight ensues, Ki watches helplessly from the sidelines, knowing she can't do much without her powers. Ray and Rae engage in a fierce battle with Shadow Knight and Shadow Shogun, while Broken Angel charges towards Ki, her eyes glowing with a dark energy. Ki braces herself for the worst, but suddenly, a bright light engulfs the battlefield, blinding everyone momentarily.

When the light dissipates, a figure stands before them, with an Emerald Ring on his finger. The Emerald Knight, Jaxson Miller. "This ends here," he declares, his voice commanding and unwavering. With a swift movement, he slashes his sword, and a shockwave of energy blasts away the army of Shadows.

The remaining fighters stand in shock as Jaxson steps forward, ready to face them. "Who are you?" Raeven demands, her eyes narrowed in suspicion. "I am Jaxson Miller, the Emerald Knight. And I won't allow you to harm innocent people," he replies, his sword at the ready.

The fight resumes, with Jaxson taking on Raeven and Death Wing, while Ray and Rae continue their battle with Shadow Knight. Broken Angel charges at Ki again, but this time, Ki is ready. She concentrates all her remaining energy and releases a powerful blast of light, knocking Broken Angel back.

The battle rages on for what feels like hours, but eventually, the heroes emerge victorious. Raeven and Death Wing retreat, and the Shadow Knight are defeated. As the heroes catch their breath, Jaxson approaches Ki. "Are you all right?" he asks, concern etched on his face. Ki nods weakly, grateful for his help. "We should get out of here before they get reinforcements," Jaxson says, as he uses his ring to construct a bubble around them and flies off.

"Ki, explain what happened?" Ray asks.

"Well, I was an angel from the land of light but i was casted out for having secret relations with a human, they took my wings, my everything. Raeven found me, turned me into the Broken Angel. But, I was the only part of Humanity in the Broken Angel and now I'm split from her, theres nothing stopping them, Jaran is locked away inside Death Wing by that Collar he wears, and Ryku is forever stuck in Shogun with no way to escape." Ki explains. Ray takes out the Shadow Slayer, "I think this might help." Ki looks at the Axe in awe, "How did you get that?" she asks, "Trax had it in his possession, after he was killed I took it before Death Wing took his body to be turned into Shadow Knight." Ray explains. "Oh, I'm sorry." Ki says, "No, it's fine. I will avenge him and everyone else they have hurt."

Rae looks at Jaxson and asks, "So what are you? a Green Lantern?" "A what? no, I'm the Emerald Knight, I use my ring to make weapons and defences to help people. I overcame the power of a Shadow, I ripped it out of my body and threw it away." Jaxson explains withRae follows up with, "Right, multiverse, forgot."

At Raeven's Base, Broken Angel feels weak. Raeven walks over to her as she hands her a ring filled with Shadow Magic, as she puts it on, she feels supercharged with Magic, her eyes glows purple as Raeven smiles, as Broken Angel grows fangs and claws.