7.AWAKENING.

It's eight bloody-furious eyes illuminated the darkness around it with a frenzied ferocity as it raged towards me. My heart roared and thundered against my chest as I clenched the white stone tightly. An excitement odd to my nature had invaded my heart and permeated my body making me hop-hop a little. I input Ki into the stone making it glow a brilliant white. I launched it at the beast and quickly dived to the side, a thunderous boom shaking the whole cavern. The beast screeched, the tap-tap of its spiny legs disoriented and staggered. Quickly, I dashed into a separate cavern entrance holding the sword firmly in my grasp. I was quickly running out of breathe. I was careful not to mouth breathe remembering my brother's advice a season ago, 'Mouth-breathing makes you tired faster'. It was hard. In fact, I had done more physical work in the past cycle than I had the past three seasons. However, I started feeling Ki entering my body and circulating through it only way faster than ever before. My mind was sharper and my body rejuvenated. Instantly, I kicked off the ground exploding forward as the creature, in all its fury, was hot in pursuit.

Abruptly, the ground around me crumbled opening into an abyss that swallowed me whole. I yelped in utter terror as I fell right into the darkness. The rush of wind made it hard to breathe feeling as if I was being chocked by some invisible hands. This just added to the terror and confusion of the moment but I knew I had to keep it together. Something deep within me told me I had to. I closed my eyes and forcefully took a deep breath. I realized the staff had fallen far faster than I was. However, something told me it was my ticket out of this situation. With a sudden reckless courage, I dove and sped up my descent into the darkness. I got close and grabbed it. Reflexively, I unsheathed the sword and threw the sheath desperately into the darkness hoping to hit the edge wall of this abyss. Silence. I fell even faster. Silence. I closed my eyes, grit my teeth and tightened my grip on the sword. Silence. (Hopeless!) Clang! (Jackpot!) Instantly a chain shot out from the darkness and attached itself to the sword's hilt. I started swinging right through the darkness. A distant light, a dot even, was rapidly expanding. (A cavern!)

However, being unable to control my speed, I smashed into the wall way above it. Before, I could think up a solution to my predicament, the sheath slipped out and I hurtled down. I hurriedly managed to grab onto the edge when I could. I clambered into the cavern. I looked into the abyss as if pleading for my sword back. Suddenly, I heard the screeching of that beast. It was getting louder and louder. (Great! It can stick to the ceiling and walls!) I stared hopelessly into the abyss. (How am I even supposed to defend myself now?!) Something clicked into my head and I instinctively put my hand out into the abyss. The green tattoos re-emerged emitting a green misty aura. My hand vibrated vigorously. i yelped in bewilderment. The staff rushed from the guts of the abyss right into my hand. I was puzzled by what had just transpired or how it had sheathed itself but the beast's close screeching made me take off deeper into the cavern. As I scanned the walls of the cavern, I realized it was made of the same material as the exploding stones. As the cavern opened up I noted a large overhanging pillar of it . I smiled. I couldn't leave them in abeyance.

The beast had already reached the entrance, two of its eyes badly damaged but largely unscathed. It blazed towards me. I threw my sword at the base of the pillar. It cracked but it wouldn't fall in time. I clenched the sheath and a chain connected it to the sword. I pulled and used the sword like a wedge to widen the crack faster. It worked. The beast was making its way across the opening towards me but stopped abruptly. (Too late!) The pillar crashed onto it, shaking the whole cavern in the process. The damned beast screeched. (Persistent bastard!) I smirked. I took out one of the stones I had packed and supercharged it with Ki. It glowed brilliantly and ferociously as it got hotter and hotter. I launched it at the rubble. Instinctively, I lifted the sheath up and crouched down. A green misty aura engulfed it turning it back into the golden staff as a massive green aura shield with a strange insignia on it erupted from it. However, I didn't have time to think. It happened in an instant. The massive explosion erupted in all its fury and slammed its force against me. I could feel my bones rattle as I tried to withstand the force but I couldn't. I was sent flying through multiple walls and coming to my grinding halt once I landed on the ground.