Chapter Two: Interviews, Intrigue and Stares

- Max's PoV -

Your team guides you into the press hall. The difference in temperature is astounding - You practically warm up completely within two minutes of being inside the building. You look around; Not many drivers are there yet. Your team lets you know who you'll have your first interview with... You head on over there, with the hope that you'll be able to start the interview earlier, so that you'll be able to leave sooner, but that's not going to happen...

The camera man is setting up everything in slow motion, whilst the interviewer's face is being touched up by someone on the make up team. You roll your eyes; All of this always takes too long. You're here to race and to win, and not to wait around for people to do their job correctly...

You lean against a wall as you're waiting; You watch Pierre and Yuki aimlessly wander around, looking pretty bored and glancing at their watches. Yuki yawns for the third time in a row and you can't help it, you yawn yourself.

A few louder voices catch your attention: Carlos and Charles are rather animated. Charles is talking to someone you can't see, whilst Carlos is hectically discussing something with a blonde.

The door swings opens yet again, and Lewis enters. A cold gust of wind runs through the hall - You make eye contact with him, but he couldn't be bothered less by you. He keeps looking around, as if he's searching for someone. You turn your head as you hear a few laughs and you glance back over to Charles - He moves slightly to the side, revealing a beautiful girl... Woah... Okay...

You watch her keenly as she smiles and talks to the blonde. Charles is practically glued to her side. Why are the pretty ones never on your own team? You look back over at Hamilton, noticing he found who he was looking for... The same girl you're looking at...

You look back and forth between them; She has barely even noticed him up till now, as she's heavily involved in her conversation with the blonde. After a few seconds she looks your way; You nearly get a heart attack, because she caught you blatantly staring at her like a creep - You immediately divert your glance up to the ceiling...

You still feel her gaze on you after a couple of seconds, and you bravely look back at her - She gives you a little, soft smile, barely noticeable really, before following Carlos and the blonde to the other side of the hall. Goddamn it... You wouldn't getting to know her... You trace her steps through the room - She walks passed Lewis and he just stares at her as she passed him. His eyes are fixated like some predator would with his prey... Absolutely hypnotised by her. You chuckle, as the camera man calls out that he's all set up.

So Lewis Hamilton is equally as intrigued by her as you... Interesting...

- Y/n's PoV -

Lydia points out the Zippo News stand, and you accompany Carlos to it. You turn on the recording device that Lydia had given to you prior, as she told you not worry too much about taking notes for now, and that you could do it later when listening back at the interviews.

Carlos does his best, keeping calm as he answers a handful of provocative questions. He glances at you every few minutes when a question seems like a trap, and you either give him a slight nod or a shake with your head - Minimal, but enough for him to know if he should divert to another topic or answer it...

This goes on for a good two and a half hours; You join Carlos for his interviews, let him know your thoughts on them afterwards, and then you head to the next one. It's practically a round robin for interviews...

When he's on his last one, Lydia joins you, since Charles is done already. You glance at Charles standing off to the side; He's talking to another driver. You think it's the same guy who stared at you prior... Charles gives you a little smile, before you focus on your job again.

You're still taken aback by Charles flirting with you... Of course you're attracted to him, how couldn't you be, but frankly you didn't expect it either.

- Max's PoV -

Charles and you are leaning against a wall; He's waiting for his team to finish up, while you're waiting for Checo to be done with his last interviews. She's only a few meters away from you now, so you take another good look:

She's wearing the Ferrari uniform and her long hair is open, falling over her shoulders. She moves a strand behind her ear, as she glances over at Charles and you again. Her face incredibly beautiful... She's tan, has nice skin and her eyes are this incredibly vibrant colour.

You stop yourself in your thoughts - Shit! You sound so down bad already. You nudge Charles and proceed to ask about her. You'd be lying if you told yourself you weren't intrigued... And the fact that Lewis has his eyes on her too, makes her even more interesting...

Max: Who's the girl next to Sainz?

Charles smiles: Oh that's y/n... She just started today.

You're a little surprised by her abrupt start in Ferrari, but on the other hand it would explain why you never saw her prior to today then. You see Lewis staring at her again in passing. She doesn't even notice him.

Max: So I gather she works in the press team...

Charles: Yeah, media and press... She's the sister of one of my mechanics, and he recommended her for the job...

Max: Oh really?

Charles: Uh-huh, I didn't quite expect someone like her though...

Max chuckles: Yeah...

Both of you mean her looks... But none of you would actually say that... Checo calls you over - Finally, that took long enough...

Max: Alright, I have to go... You should introduce me to her sometime soon...

Charles hesitates: Uh, yeah, sure... I'm sure she'd be happy to make some friends...

Max smiles: Exactly... See you!

Charles: Bye!

Yeah, you're really not planning on being her friend, but the sooner you can get to her, the smaller the chance is that Lewis talked to her first... You need to take her out on a date...