Chapter .2.

" Come on, stop it! You, you, stop it!", Augustine whined with an exasperated face to match before turning to the middle aged man driving the beat up car, her father. 

" Daaad, tell Pressy to get his lanky feet get off of my head! First, he hogs the entire backseat leaving me zero, I repeat ZERO leg space in the front. And now, the neanderthal keeps annoying me!" The girl's high pitched voice and a heated glare towards her brother is completely ignored by their father, too used to current scenario. Prescott chuckles then replies turning to his sister, 

"Neanderthal? You sure you aren't referring to yourself, little sis. "     

" You know, other brothers treat their little sisters like princesses, and love them and care for them. " She says with a condescending tone.

" Be that as it may, still may it be as it may be." Prescott replies in a sing-song voice.

" Oh shut up, you dog!" She shoots back before huffing with an ughh sound.

" Excuse you, you little bitc- " he growls before pouncing on her to lightly wrap her in a choke hold. She squirms and keeps fighting as the car sways to the left due to their weights. Mr. Scott widens his eyes glancing at the dilapidated green sign saying ' Welcome to Hell's Garden ' up ahead , then turns to his kids.

" Both of you, stop it now! Get your assess in your seats!" Protests are heard and they continue to wrestle and kick each other. Augustine manages to push him off of her as she notices the red liquid trickling down her father's nose. 

" Dad! Oh my goodness! You are bleeding!" she screams out suddenly feeling very guilty at the thought that it may be be their fault their loving father got hurt. " Oh, fuck! Dad, are you okay? Of course, you're not okay! We're so sorry!" sobs out Prescott after reaching out to check on the nose. 

Mr. Scott swats his hand away and wipes the blood off. " Don't worry kids, I'm fine and it's not your fault. Just please stop fighting and stay on your seats. Can you do that for me?"

They readily nod their heads and sit back on their seats with their fingers on their mouths. Mr. Scott glances at the green sign again and drives off with a sigh.

Prescott sticks to the window as they slow down to a huge suburban house. It was beautiful with a charming vintage aesthetic and unkept vines dangling around almost covering one side of the house. Mr. Scott drives past the iron gate and into the open garage before parking. He leads the kids inside while dragging his suitcase and carrying a cartoon box as they all carry their luggage. 

Prescott peered at his father as the man struggled to get his keys out as they all stood in front of the wooden door. And when it finally seemed that he had managed to get them out of  his back pocket while balancing the worn out box, it was a bunch of similar looking keys. Prescott groaned, he had let the bags he was holding drop to the ground with a thud and rested the box full of old books on Augustine's head. He was pretty comfortable seeing her short height. She let out an umph and attempted to swat him away like a mosquito.

" No, no, not this one."

" I was sure it had to be this one, just a moment kiddos, I've got it."

"Almost"

He let out an 'aha', as the door was finally convinced. The poor man was sweating all over. "Thirteen's the charm then. See kids, hard work always pays off. " Augustine ducks escaping the heavy box, gives him a thumbs up and says, " Yes that was truly inspiring. I'll have it carved on my grave." They all pile in, her father makes a betrayed face, " Don't say stuff like that! You're not going anywhere, you understand? I'll drag you back from hell, you know, who else is gonna cut my toe nails for me?" 

" You know, you always gotta work hard in life. Can't even go from one town to another without it. " said Ian , a younger more dapper Mr. Ian Scott with slicked back hair, to a beautiful young brunette girl next to him. She had on a 'Guns n Roses' t-shirt, he wore his lacrosse  jersey with the number 7 and the word 'SCOTT' with big white letters on it, and they both wore jeans. They were sitting on the hood of his car as it was parked right at the border of Hell's Garden and the town he lived in, half and half.                                                                                                                                                                               The girl, Jasmine Hart cackled and leaned back for support. " Real inspiring, you should slap it on t-shirt. Or better yet, I'll have it engraved on my, well, grave." She says laughing out again on the pun. " Hey, don't say stuff like that." he says, his eyebrows frowning.  "Oh, don't get upset. Maybe I'll let you take the spot right next to mine." She says and he kisses her softly at the corner of her lips and her laughter slowly faded out of his mind, replaced by the laughter of his own daughter and son. 

An hour or two later, Augustine and Prescott were sitting in their Grandfather's old study, waiting for their father. They had already dumped their luggage in preferred rooms and freshened up. Augustine had taken up the job of cleaning and getting everything settled in at the house over the span of a few days, as Mr. Scott would set up the new shop couple of streets down and Prescott moved to an elite boarding school. Apparently it was a requirement while she would have to commute to the nearby town everyday. For some reason, she couldn't go to the same school as her elder brother. But her father assured she would go to the same school he used to go to in the same town he lived in. She thought it was kind of cool. 

Their father walked in, now in fresh clothes. He nervously nodded to them and went digging in his father in law's desk hoping to find exactly what he was looking for. The desk was huge and seemed to cover most of the room. He finally pulled out an old album, more like a scrapbook, and kept in front of his kids. 

"THE HARTS" said Augustine, reading out the calligraphy on the cover, while Prescott traced the outline of the cover. Mr. Scott slowly opened he book flipping through the pages until he came  across the one labelled - FAMILY. One side was the photo of a huge family in a perfectly arranged seating. Looking at the grumpy and tough seeming man in the middle, Prescott instantly recognized him as his grandfather who he had never met but knew because of his mother, and right next to the man sat his mother, a beautiful young lady.

Prescott slowly touched the image of his mother with a feather touch, hesitant the memory would fly away. She looked a lot younger and healthier than he remembered. He turned his eyes to the photo adjacent to this one as Augustine excitedly pointed it out. It was the same exact same photo in the exact same setting, except every single person in the picture weren't persons anymore, and in their place sat - big, furry WOLVES. Each in different shapes and sizes. Such a big, happy, furry family. And they've all skeleton war by now, before he could join them. 

A croaky voice from somewhere inside of him whined and grieved for their werewolf family.

Sigh, the voices are back, I guess.