Chapter Eight

Livia bounded up the path to the school, her friends following behind her. She looked around, walking beside Jaseem. "Halls are empty, classes must be going on"Tiana comments. "Liv, lets turn back." Livia looked at Tiana and nodded. "Lets head back guys"Livia suggests. "Liv!" She turned, Golden trotting over to her, a grin on his face. "Golden!"Livia leaped leaping into his arms. Golden laughed, picking her up with ease and spinning around once. "You alright, does your wings hurt"Golden asks worriedly. "Goldy Baby, who is this?" Golden set Livia down, looking at a male in with a purple vest. "Livia, meet Vil, Vil meet my little sister, Livia"Golden introduced. "Hello! So you're my brothers boyfriend! He dreams about you back at home, always sleep talking!"Livia beamed. Vil and Golden looked at each other, one amused the other horrified.

"I do not!"Golden protests quietly. "He does! He always calls your name and says how beautiful you are!"Livia giggled. Vil smiled at Golden, raising a brow. "Alright, come here you little munchkin!"Golden grinned. Livia squealed, running around her friends and Vil, Golden grinning as he chased her. A pair of hands caught her, hauling her up. "Hello Beastie"Malleus chuckled setting her down. "Hey Livia!"Kuro greets. "Kuro!"Livia laughed. The two started playfully punching the others arm, letting out crow sounds. "LIVIA!" Kalim tackle hugged her down laughing, Livia hugging him back. "Oh I missed you guys and it hasn't even been that long!"Livia smiled. "We missed you as well"Sebek says walking over. "Hey Sebek..."Livia smiled. "Why's the hall so empty?"Jaseem asks.

"Who're they?!"Golden snarled. "My friends! Geez you guys are so protective!"Livia says immediately. "These are my best friends, Elliot, Jaseem, Alison, Tiana, and Jerbo"Livia smiled. "Oh, Silver told me about you guys, nice to meet you"Malleus greets. "Eeeeeee! Livia has such amazing friends and family!" Elliot grinned at her and bumped her arm with his. "What are you kids doing out here?" A man with dark green hair walked over, cobra like fangs sticking out of his mouth as his jaguar ears twitched, his tail flicking behind him. "Uncle Cobra!"Livia smiled. She stopped, remembering Duchesses thoughts about her uncle. "Uncle Cobra, do you know someone named Duchess?"Livia asks. Cobra stared at her, then looked away, guilt and anger whirling around in his mind as he memory of a burned down village flashed on his head. "Just someone who once loved me a long time ago, she's dead now"Cobra replies. Livia glanced at her friends, then patted her uncles arm, deciding to do what was right.

"Uncle...can you come with us"Livia smiled hoping she was really doing the right thing. "Classes are still in session"Cobra replies. "Please"Livia smiled flicking her tail. He stared at her and sighed, giving her a quick nod. "Get to class"Cobra orders. "Yes professor"Kalim smiled nodding. Livia bounded away, Cobra bounding after her and her friends. "Liv, is this a good idea?"Jaseem whispers. "Uncle Cobra misses Duchess, I want him to at least know she's alive even if he never goes to reunite with her"Livia replies. She glanced back at her uncle, the memory of Duchess laughing flashing through his mind. Cobra looked at her, then shook his head, hiding the forming tears. Livia smiled as they all hurried to RSA. "Yeah, this is a good idea to me"Livia mutters Cobra keeping up with them.

Cobra looked around as they walked through the halls of the school. Livia looked up, spotting Queen Maleficia taking off into the air with the fae guards. The queen looked back and waved to her, smiling down at her. Livia spotted Ambrose, running over to him. "Where's Ms Duchess?"Livia whispers. "With her children, why"Ambrose asks. Livia flicked her tail towards Cobra, Ambrose smiling down at her. "The garden"Ambrose winked. Livia winked back and beckoned Cobra after her. Cobra sighed and walked after her, looking around as they headed down to the garden. Duchess smiled at three kids, clapping as she watched two of them sing together, the third sketching the garden. "Professor!"Livia beamed running over to her with her uncle. Duchess turned, her eyes widening in shock at the sight of Cobra.

Cobra stared at her, Livia looking between the two worriedly. "Duchess"Cobra mutters stepping closer. "Cobra"Duchess mumbles raising her hand. "Mom"A white hired boy says concerned. Duchess tackled Cobra down, a yowl of surprise coming from him. Cobra stared, then smiled, tears falling down his cheeks as he hugged her, their tails twinned. Livia smiled, looking relieved. "Mom, who's he"a black haired male asks. "Oh, kids meet your father"Duchess says wiping her tears away. "Cobra, meet the kids, Toroune, Maron and Rio"Duchess smiled. Cobra stared down at the three kids, looking surprised as they came closer. "Wow, you're tall!"Maron smiled. "I'm 9'10"Cobra replies flicking his tail amused. "Mom is only 5'0!"Rio says stunned. "Cobra, what happened during the war?!"Duchess asks looking at him with worry.

"....we were fighting the faes and a guard told me they attacked the village you were staying at, so I abandoned my post with counts as treason, I went to search for you but I found our home burned to the ground...I found your hat all burned...I thought you were dead even though they never found your body"Cobra replies. Duchess placed a hand on his arm, staring at him. "I was depressed for years after that, I didn't eat, I didn't drink water, I holed myself up in a cave, attacking anyone who came near me"Cobra went on. "Everyone named me the Raging Beast, I lost sight of who I was because I thought I lost you, until Lilia practically beat the sense into me, I lived with his family then left when Livia was seven years old, been working at NRC ever since"Cobra finishes. Livia stared, having never imagined how upset her uncle had really been until now. She smiled and stepped forward. "How'd you meet Ms Duchess?"Livia asks.

Cobra started laughing, smiling at her. "Oh that was a little funny, I was with your father on the run from your other uncle, Duke, we stopped by a lake for a drink of water and little miss sneaky here followed us"Cobra grinned Duchess looking flustered. "I spotted her just as she ducked out of view and told your father to hide, snuck up on Ms sneaky over here and scared her silly, but she wasn't afraid of me, and that's why I started to fall for her, Duchess treated me as if I wasn't a freak of nature"Cobra smiled curling his tail around Duchess. "WE HAVE A DAAAAD!"Maron cheered. Cobra laughed, smiling wide as his kids started to climb all over him. Elliot walked over to Livia with the others following behind him, smiling at the sight. "Good job, Liv..."Golden says looking approving. "Kids, be careful! Don't hurt your father!"Duchess laughed. "These cubs could hardly hurt me!"Cobra laughed Rio touching his scaly tail. "I'm glad he's happy"Livia smiled watching her uncle play with his triplets.