𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 (𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲!)

ANDY DIDN'T REMEMBER MUCH ABOUT the rest of the night. They told their story and answered a million questions from the other campers, but finally Chiron saw how tired they were and ordered them to bed.

It felt so good to sleep on a real mattress, and Andy was so exhausted, she crashed immediately, which spared her any worry about what it would be like returning to the Hermes cabin.
The next morning she woke in her bunk, feeling reinvigorated. The sun came through the windows along with a pleasant breeze. It might've been spring instead of winter. Birds sang. Monsters howled in the woods. Breakfast smells wafted from the dining pavilion—bacon, pancakes, and all sorts of wonderful things.

Travis, Connor, and the rest of the cabin glared at her, their arms crossed.

"Morning." Andy sat up and smiled. "Beautiful day."

Julia Feingold pouted angrily. "You didn't tell us."

Andy's eyebrows furrowed—she had told them everything, everything except— "Oh."

Travis threw up his arms in exasperation. "You tell us the most unessecary of details, like what color dress Piper wore, but you couldn't be bothered to tell us that you almost died?"

Connor chimed in. "You should have told us! What's so bad about collapsing out of tiredness? It's not like Travis and I would try to become camp counselors!" He plopped on her bed, next to her. "You're literally the coolest Hermes kid ever. Even," he lowered his voice, "that Zeus kid, Jason, was talking about you."

Blushing, Andy tied up her hair. "And why wouldn't he? I've saved his life multiple times over the past two weeks."

"Jackson, I might not be an Aphrodite kid, but even I know that's not what Connor meant by that." Travis smirked. "I don't know... I've gotten pretty good at forging handwriting. I might write him a note to meet in Cabin 11 when no one's in here—"

She yelped, pushing Travis away and pulling up her blanket to cover her blushing, flushed face. 

"Aha!" Connor snapped. "I knew it! You like him, you like the Zeus boyyy," he sang, much to Andy's annoyance. She'd have to deal with this at breakfast as well, no doubt. 

"One more word," she grumbled, "you two are on cleaning duty."

Travis and Connor shrugged in sync. "I don't know, tomato face," Travis suppressed his giggles, in avail, "I'm not ready to be an uncle yet."

Before Andy could throw her already summoned dagger at them, the entire Hermes cabin left the room, leaving Andy alone to get ready. She tugged on a modified, short CHB tank top and denim shorts, braiding her hair to the side and making her bed.

She left the cabin, flushed and embarrassed, but shook her head, shaking it off. Arriving at the main dining pavilion, she sat down at the Athena table, next to Annabeth.

Annabeth. Her eyes looked sunken, like she'd been crying for days, and her hair was slightly disheveled. She was wearing a Goode Highschool hoodie with the words 'JACKSON' emblazoned in bold on the back. Percy's hoodie, Andy remembered. He'd left it in his cabin the day before he disappeared. Now, it was most likely the only thing holding poor Annabeth together. She sadly smiled at Andy, taking a deep breath before finally talking.

"How're you doing, Andy?" She softly asked. Her voice was husky, like it hadn't been used in a while. 

"I'm good, Beth." She smiled. Annabeth wasn't feeling too well, she knew, and she didn't want to make it worse for her.

Annabeth looked down at her waffles, which were flashing between regular, crème colored waffles, and blue ones.

A single tear fell onto the table. Annabeth sniffled. "I can't do anything without thinking about him, Andy. I—" she rubbed her eyes, "I miss him. It's been too long—I—I can't think about what I would do if he was—"