~1~

Jung Nara could see her brother, Soo Cheol, goofing around with his friends by the classroom windows.

   They were twins, with Soo Cheol being older than her by seven minutes, and they looked nothing alike. Instead, people might say they look more like their parents. Nara had a lot of similarities with their mum, while Soo Cheol looked like the spitting image of their dad. 

     Their classmates didn't know about this as they had never laid eyes on the twins' parents before. They had always been out at work whenever they brought friends home. 

    Their parents, Jung Yihyun and Yoon Saebom, were always out because of their line of work. Their father, Yihyun, was a police detective, while their mother, Saebom, was an SOU agent.

   The door opened and their teacher, Mrs Park entered the room, followed sheepishly by Kim Chiyeol, or Kimchi as he was sometimes called.

    At the back of the class, Il-ha swore under his breath. 

  A few minutes ago, all the teachers were called to an urgent meeting and Il-ha had sent Kimchi to spy on them to see what was happening. 

    Mrs Park took a deep breath. "The early entrance exams have been cancelled," She announced. 

     Everyone immediately broke out into confused whispers. They all began to shoot out questions to the teacher as they tried to make sense of what was going on. 

   Mrs Park grabbed the remote for the television. "I'll explain everything slowly," She said before switching on the news. 

   The whole class quietened down as they watched the news reporter in the room where the Minister of Defence was holding a press conference. 

     The bomb dropped. 

 They were all going to be drafted to train for the reserve army. The 3rd grade high school students were drafted for the army. 

    'What's going on?' Nara thought. 

  "U-us?"

  "Us?!"

    Everyone began to whisper again, looking around the class, not quite believing what they were hearing. 

     Mrs Park then switched off the television. 

  "Military training and classes at the same time?" The class president, Yoojung asked. 

     Everyone was voicing their questions and thoughts, making the atmosphere very tense. 

 "Silence!" Mrs Park called out, banging a notebook repeatedly on her desk. "Quiet down. Just as he said, it means you'll be doing both military training and school classes at the same time."

    Everyone was quiet as the teacher continued to explain. 

 Soo Cheol stole a glance at his sister. Do their parents know of this? 

    "Yoojung, hand these out please," Mrs Park picked up a pile of papers on her desk. 

 "Uh, yes," Yoojung leaped up from her chair and began to distribute the sheets. 

     The whispering started up again as they all read the word printed on the sheets. 

  "They're military training agreements," Mrs Park explained, "You're to take them home to your parents for them to sign."

    "Miss!" One girl protested, "Are we going to be living together?!" She was horrified. 

  "What happens to people who don't consent?" Woo Taeman asked.