【33】

The welcoming feast was horrendous, some women from the ministry was stepping into the DADA position

Fred and George weren't enamoured by her either, we were walking back to the dorms after what felt like a forever long feast. Some young Slytherin came running in front of us making us stop, he pointed at me.

"You, you're Violet Flint aren't you?" He seemed excited.

"I am?" Edward was now right next to me protectively. "Y-you escaped" I suddenly realised what he knew. 

"Axel!" A seventh year Slytherin came over. "Fuck off yeah?" I smiled. "Thank you Georgia" She sighed and shook his head.

"They don't really know what's going on, they just know you're trouble" I chuckled. "Thank you again, at least I know now I can tell them to piss off" She laughed. "Yeah of course you can" She went on her way lecturing Axel.

"New rep ay?" Lee laughed, "wish I didn't have it" I sighed finally reaching our common room.

"Get into pajamas then meet in boys dorm?" George lightened the mood. "Oh of course" Angelina sung dragging us to our room.

Suddenly there was this horrible silence, a piece of our room was missing, Amber's wasn't sat on her allocated bed waiting to gossip with us. She never would be again.

"Right, come on then" Katie announced being the first to step towards her bed. "We have to just get on with it, don't we?" Angie asked.

"I think so, but just cause we're getting on with it doesn't mean we forget her right" The girls hummed agreements. "We'll never forget her".

"Never."

Everyone caught up about their summers, I hadn't said anything. I had nothing to add, Edward had gone on holiday with his dad.

Lee and Katie had gone to a Irish quidditch game. "Violet" Angelina's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "You know you can speak to us."

Lee agreed "any of us" Edward spoke next, "we will listen, we're not going to judge you" George rubbed my back.

"We love you" I leaned my head on Fred's shoulder. "Marcus is dead" the twins already knew this, no one said anything.

"I have something else to say as well, I've been keeping this secret but it's eating me alive".

Someone knocked on my door fairly softly "come in" my voice was so quiet I barely heard it myself.

"Oh hello Harriet"I sat up in my bed suddenly feeling nervous. "Am I okay to sit down?" she seemed anxious, I nodded welcoming her in.

"Words can't explain how my heart hurts for you and what you had to do, obviously I took some time to hurt. I lost the person I was in love with but actually you also lost someone you loved we equally experienced this loss." I just nodded unsure of what I should say.

"I came here because I have something I need to tell you, I haven't told anyone but you deserve to know first" I felt this overwhelming anxiety.

"I'm pregnant with Marcus' baby" I felt my heart drop. "oh" I whispered, "he never knew, did he?" My voice broke.

Harriet had tears streaming down her face. "You're still an aunt" she tried to smile. "I killed him" I shook my head, the guilt I felt consuming me.

"No. No you did not kill him, you were tortured and forced, you saved him. I know now, I know he would be thankful to you, he really did love you" I had a small smile.

"You really want me to be this baby's family" Harriet leaned forward and held my hand, "you are their family" I jumped forward and hugged her tight.

"I swear I will do my best to be there and help" She laughed nodding. "Marcus was so in love with you" I murmured.

"Harriet's pregnant" There were a few gasps but everyone was speechless "she told me last week, she said I'm family" Edwards hanging jaw turned to the widest smile.

"You're going to be an aunt!" Everyone around me seemed to start smiling about this new news. "Violet this is something good, positive, something to look forward to" I took a deep breath.

"Yeah I guess you're right, I'm going to be an aunt!"

Everybody went to bed at about midnight, I was laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. The potion supplied for me from Snape in my bed side draw, "just drink it" I muttered to myself.

I don't know why I wouldn't drink it I just didn't want to force myself to sleep when I wasn't tired anyway.

I let out a quiet groan, not wanting to wake the sleeping girls, before getting up and heading back into the common room.

"Tell us your abilities!" His yelling ran through my brain as I reached the sofa. I hadn't had a spare moment to think since I'd been back, abilities?

What abilities could I possibly have and not already know about. I thought of all the amazing wizards I could and what they could do like Newt Scamander, he could talk to animals, or Nymphadora Tonks who was a metamorphmagus but so were many wizards I suppose.

I wasn't though and I doubt Voldemort wanted me so I could style looks for him.

"Penny for your thoughts love" Fred's voice startled me, "I don't think it's something I should talk about" Fred frowned and sat down beside me.

"Heavy stuff?" I bobbed my head he copied this action. "That's alright, we'll talk about it somewhere safe at some point" I felt a smile tug at my lips at how understanding he was.

"What are we Fred?" The question seemed to take him off guard.

"I uh, I'm not sure. I mean you know I like you and you like me but you've been through hell and I thought it best to give you some space instead of pressuring you" I unintended let out a laugh, "time is nice, as long as you're with me through it" Fred's face lit up.

"Yeah?" I nodded "yeah." We just stared into each others eyes, "I'm not going to push you, we'll take our time" I smiled softly. "That sounds perfect." Fred's hands slowly ran up my neck to hold my face.

"Can I kiss you?" He hesitantly hovered close to me, "yes please" I squeaked a reply.

Fred was soft as if any minute I was going to evaporate. The kiss deepened but he was still being gentle, my stomach was in knots desperately trying to undo itself but it wasn't possible with Fred around.

His lips were soft and caring, every moment I felt a sensation of electricity. "Stay with me tonight?" He asked.

"Please, I'm terrified to sleep" I tried to laugh but it was a pathetic sound. "I'll be right there".

[A/N]  saw the barbie movie today and it was we so good, i love being a woman! - Lu <3