Episode 6: Hunting Palismen

Luz and Varian managed to find the diary of Philip Wittebane with Amity's help. But the diary got eaten by an echo mouse and Amity got fired from her job at the library. Luz felt so bad about it so she went through some trials to convince the librarian to hire Amity again. She returned Amity's name tag, and she got the shock of her life when she saw Amity's hair now purple instead of green. Amity showed Luz how the echo mouse worked and then she kissed Luz on the cheek. She ran back inside her house, but it was clear that she had feelings for Luz.

At the Emperor's castle, Emperor Belos called for the nine Coven heads to give them a glimpse into what the Day of Unity holds for them. Beside the Emperor was Kikimora, The Golden Guard and another scout. During the meeting, the emperor started groaning in pain. Kikimora tried to help but the scout and Golden Guard said that they could handle it. They brought the emperor to the throne room then the scout grabbed a palismen staff for the emperor. Belos snatched it away from the scout then broke it open and absorbed its magic.

He ordered them to bring more palismen for him, but the Golden Guard spoke up and said that there weren't any more and the Palistrom wood was overharvested. Belos reached out to grab the Golden Guard, but the scout jumped in the way and was grabbed inside. "Forgive him, my lord. But he is right. Not many witches have been able to have Palismen staffs. Give me time and I'll find you some." The scout begged.

Belos released him but he warned the scout that if he fails, there will be consequences. The scout and the Golden Guard were dismissed, they headed back to their room. "You shouldn't have done that." The scout said to the Golden Guard.

"Uncle, I was speaking the truth! And I can help. We can make more Palismen! Actually, I read about this technique harnessing wild magic to," The Golden Guard got cut off when his uncle covered his mouth.

"You know you're not supposed to mention wild magic in the castle. If the Emperor hears you, he'll skin us alive. Look, I'll find more Palismen later. Just stay here in the castle." The scout ordered.

Little did they know, Kikimora was spying on them and overheard their entire conversation. She had a plan to impress the emperor and get rid of the Golden Guard.

At the Owl House, Luz made a little home for the echo mouse. "Oh, little echo mouse. You ate the diary that could get me and Varian home. Can't you cough off a tiny bit?" Luz begged the mouse.

King suggested that she should just squeeze the information out of the mouse. He gestured the idea by squeezing his stuffed bear so hard that its head popped off. Luz wasn't going to squeeze the poor thing. She was just going to be patient with the mouse until it gave her the information she needed. Just then Eda and Varian came into Luz's room to tell her that they were going to be late for school. Luz didn't move until Eda mentioned that all of her classmates were going to get their own staff.

Luz ran out of the Owl House at break necking speed. At Hexside, everyone was gathered at the Grudgby field for Principal Bump and Eda's announcement. Principal Bump told the students that they will be receiving their staff and meet their Palismen. To witches, Palismen are lifelong partners that become their good friends and a powerful tool. Bump introduces his Pailsmen, Frewin, a little devil who was actually on Bump's head, he helps Bump see. Eda went on to explain that it is tradition for witches to crave their staff from a Palistrom tree. But those have become extremely rare.

So, Eda and Bump teamed up to bring the students Palismen Adoption Day, courtesy of the Bat Queen. She showed up with a nest full of different kinds of Palismen. She thought that this was a wonderful idea, and it gave the Palismen a chance to have new owners. Luz noticed a red cardinal Palismen trying to sneak out of the nest. Principal Bump saw it sneak out of the nest then he picked it up and put it back into the nest. "Aw. Little rascal!" Luz said.