37. Queendom

Maegors funeral hurt Davina deeply, after all the pain and push and pull between them she didnt know how his death would effect her. But seeing him gone, gone seemed like such a tame word she wept. 

After his body burned to nothing, after the flames went out leaving nothing but dwindling smoke Davina moved to the throne room taking a seat on the iron throne.

"We have never needed a king." Davina declared confidently. "We just need a queen."

Vaera, Davina's only daughter smiled back at her before running up the steps and clinging to Davina. Davina put her in her lap. 

"This is our queendom come." Davina declared. Visenya smiled back at her. 

"You sit it well Davina." Visenya declared. 

"Thank you mum... you know I always thought you would make a great queen to rule on your own." Davina informed her. 

"It's is past my days to rule but you, you Davina are young and full of fire still. You will rule better than your predecessors." Visenya declared. "Long live the Queen."

"Long live." 

+

"You see Jaehaerys, I'm not all that bad." Davina remarked. "I could have killed you but I'm pro family, anti your father but hell as long as you know that my children will inherit the throne after me and yours will never touch the thing." Jaehaerys stared back at her. "You have a lot of children and a happy wife, dont fuck that up by reaching for something out of your grasp, wouldnt want you to lose your arm in the process."

"I understand your grace." Jaehaerys assured. "I will commit no treason, I never had any want for the throne, it is yours."

"Very good, then you are dismissed." Davina agreed. "Oh and Jaehaerys, I have eyes everywhere, best keep your word, I would hate for something to happen to you." 

"Yes my Queen."

Davina liked the sound of that. My Queen.

Welcome to the Queendom of Davina Targaryen first of her name. 

+

Wolves / Cregan Stark /Davina Targaryen out now!